T wont use hide...

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a 5.5" G. rosea. fr some reason, she won't use the hide i have for her. i don't know what info to put, so ask away! Thx in adv!

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I wouldn't worry about it she just doesn't want to use her hide thats all. As long as shes eating and drinking ok she will be ok.

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have seen a lot of roses that don't use hides or wont use them even if provided. It's going to depend on personal preference. If it is not using a hide that is provided, then its happy without one... Or it doesnt like the material of whatever you are using.

I have a cool 16 inch sculpted resin log with a skeleton arm in my rose's den and she loves that damn thing. She pulls moss clumps in and has padded the walls and webbed up the ends. She still comes out often but that log is by far her favorite place to be. After handling if I offer her back to the den she may not walk in, but if I offer her to the log entrance she crawls right in.

You can always try different styles of hides. Sometimes just a piece of bark or the old flower pot just doesn't cut it.

Skulnik

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, I spent all kinds of time hand-building a sweet, natural-looking hide for her and she's only been in it maybe twice.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah. the hide is a little rock looking hut. it's pretty kewl, but i'm afrain taht maybe the hole's too small. kk. glad to know that they don't always use it.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
the only thing mine has used her hide for is to poop in lol
makes for easy clean up. remove clay pot dump clay pot reinsert clay pot

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
the only thing mine has used her hide for is to poop in lol
makes for easy clean up. remove clay pot dump clay pot reinsert clay pot
LOL exactly what my rosie does;-) Easy cleaning right! But annoying when i have gone to great length to provide creative made hides:?

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my rosie uses her hide to sit on top of .she never goes into it . i guess i should be happy that she uses it at all .

Tacoman

Arachnopeon
Same here all she does is scope her area out from the hide and that is never in always being my pet rock in one area of the corner dang thing doesnt want to eat either lol...

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
don't worry about that, some T's don't use their hides, but maybe after they will look for one so, keep the hide and be happy :D

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have a 5.5" G. rosea. fr some reason, she won't use the hide i have for her. i don't know what info to put, so ask away! Thx in adv!
That is perfectly normal for Grammostola rosea. THey will either remain in the open all the time, or stay hidden all the time. There is rarely any in between.

Most Grammostola spp., if not all, stay out in the open anyway.

barkobarko

Arachnopeon
Yeah, I spent all kinds of time hand-building a sweet, natural-looking hide for her and she's only been in it maybe twice.
mine is worst i built a hide but ignores it, then after rehousing a new bigger hide, instead of using it he/she just sit on top of it like the king of the enclosure..never ever ones he/she use it....unlike my other T's they relly love there hide..:?

Tim St.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My adult female G.Rosea used to stay in her hide all the time & never come out, never eat, but then after a moult she would stay in the hide all day and walk around at night,so now with the warm nights i have't seen her for a few days so i looked inside her house and .....no Rosea....looking around the tank....still no Rosea......so i stuck my hand in the tank and picked up her hide, and what do you know.......... she bolted at me 100 miles per hour out of a tunnel she borrowed under her hide and almost bit me, the freaking thing mise well be a Colbalt Blue or OBT...tossing up threat postures, wicked thing...shes about 5" and a physco. one thing you'll learn about G.Rosea's there weird, always doing what you dont expect, id keep the hide in there, mine dos't take to a new hide right away........maybe yours the same, but prolly not.......people shouldt call a G.Rosea Docile, more like Bi-Polor...

Avic_Addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I recently gave my 4" Rosea half a plastic flowerpot to use as a hide and she threw such a wobbly at it! Half an hour after putting it in she was bodily hefting it around the tank trying to roll it over and stomping on it. It ended up on its end stuffed into the furthest corner of the tank.

titus

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'll start by saying my room where my T's are is dimmly lit, but out of the over 20 t's I keep the only three I've had use a hide or even burrow are P. Murinus, my King Baboon, and B. Vagans. Not evern my Haplopemas will dig or use a hide. Even if I start it for them.