T webbed right on/over water bowl??

Crowbi

Arachnopeon
What do I do? My GBB has started slowly webbing its enclosure. It is not hiding (it's usually climbed up one wall of the faunarium) nor burrowed, but it has pretty much covered the water bowl with web. I don't wanna destroy its web, but what to do in this case??

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Ah, they do that! I just poke a hole in the webbing and fill it up. You will have to destroy the webbing when you´re going to take out the water bowl to clean it, but don´t worry. They will just web it up again. It´s an endless circle.

Last edited:

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Another water dish in the enclosure.When it goes and webs up the new one,take the first out and
and continue to play the switch out game.Fun and very entertaining:arghh:.

Crowbi

Arachnopeon
Haha, that does sound like an entertaining game... or not...

Anyway, I went and tried to refill the old water bowl and the GBB started kicking hairs at me, OKAY THEN, guess you don't REALLY want water, spidey /s (I did fill it, it was empty...)

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Normal GBB activity, nothing to worry about or much u can do aboutbit lol

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I found that if I housed them a bit larger and put a lot of anchorpoints on one side of the enclosure, and leave the other side bare with just a waterdish, it doesn't get webbed over as much.
Welcome to the waterdish game :)

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I found that if I housed them a bit larger and put a lot of anchorpoints on one side of the enclosure, and leave the other side bare with just a waterdish, it doesn't get webbed over as much.
This works perfect. I am doing this with 2 of my SAF and its a joy being able to lift it out and place back in without the drama :D

The juvs are all in temporary so they are a pain in the behind with the water dishes :shifty:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I dont have any space for larger enclosures. I can barely move around my house at the moment. I cant wait for spring clean ahah.
Take out some of the people furniture and make room for more Ts. That's keeper 101. :p

mistertim

Arachnobaron
One thing I try to do with heavy webbing species is give them anchor points that are a little bit away from one corner of the enclosure, then I put the water dish in that corner. It has worked relatively well with my GBB. Though my L. megatheloides doesn't give a crap and just webs everything in sight.

Sana

Arachnoprince
I use bottle caps and jar lids as water bowls so when one of my tarantulas decides that the bowl is furniture I just give them a new one and leave the old one. At the point that there are more dishes than floor space I clean them out. My GBB currently has four. I just rehoused a P. cancerides and I've dug out six so far. I also have a couple that won't give up a dish once they have it.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I did the same thing with my two terrestrial webbers (a GBB and a Dolichothele diamantinensis), and so far, the water dishes are unwebbed.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Just take out the water dish (in a gentle way). Clean and refill that, and don't worry for the web... your 'GBB' will make another :-s