T. Vagans sling hasn't eaten in a long time

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
why do you think its in premolt? usually they will lock it down in the burrow. i mean it looks nice and chunky so its possible its going to be soon and its butt will begin to darken as well closer it gets to a molt

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pretend AB didn’t exist, it’s just you and T on an island

What would you do and why?

Hint- before you answer search the damn forum and read the billions of posts just like yours! Including the one from just a day or two ago!!!!!!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
On a separate note, not super important but unsure with perspective, but the enclosure looks a tad on the large side. How big is it and can you post a picture of the entire enclosure it looks like at most we’re seeing 2/5’s-1/2 of what it is.

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
Spider is fat, all is well. Even slings can go what seems like an outrageous amount of time without eating. Keep the water available and all is well.
I agree, enclose does look a bit big.

cold blood

Staff member
Yes, definitely pre molt.

For future reference, fat ts, even slings, do not require food....period.....if its fat, it doesnt matter how long the t fasts. I have had albiceps slings go 6-9 months without eating and I am sure others have seen even longer fasts from slings...is it frustrating?....sure...but not something to ever be concerned about.

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
Yes, definitely pre molt.

For future reference, fat ts, even slings, do not require food....period.....if its fat, it doesnt matter how long the t fasts. I have had albiceps slings go 6-9 months without eating and I am sure others have seen even longer fasts from slings...is it frustrating?....sure...but not something to ever be concerned about.
Yes haha, my G. Pulchra sling is on their 4th month sealed up not eating... The hobby really is a lesson in patience. T's don't do anything in a hurry besides the world record attempt 6" sprint 😅

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Nothing to worry about. Your sling is nice and plump and probably won't need another meal until after it molts. Some species, especially the slower growing ones, can easily go for months at a time without a meal and be perfectly fine. I haven't fed my B. auratum sling for a good 5 months and he's still fat as ever, taking his sweet time before he molts. It seems alarming to us, but it's completely normal for tarantulas to fast for months without any issues at all. They're just being....tarantulas!