T. Stirmi enclosure rebuild questions

Ethan Saubier

Arachnopeon
So I have a fairly large T. Stirmi that is around 6.5 inches or so housed in a 10 gallon aquarium with a screen top currently but I wanted to fabricate an acrylic lid to keep in more humidity with 2 repti drippers to maintain humidity. My questions are how should I gauge how many holes, I know cross ventilation is ideal but isn't an option until I get a more suitable upgrade enclosure. Another question is, are the drippers going to cause problems or will they work well to maintain a moist substrate? Thanks for any and all input.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ts have low 02 requirements. There's no science to it. This may take some experimenting because of humidity you are looking to maintain. If you have more than 1 sheet of plexi make a few different ones. If not, start with less holes vs more so you an increase ventilation.

Can't speak to drippers, just know someone here used a misting system that one uses for frogs, quite successfully. There setup was larger, and planted.

Ethan Saubier

Arachnopeon
Ts have low 02 requirements. There's no science to it. This may take some experimenting because of humidity you are looking to maintain. If you have more than 1 sheet of plexi make a few different ones. If not, start with less holes vs more so you an increase ventilation.

Can't speak to drippers, just know someone here used a misting system that one uses for frogs, quite successfully. There setup was larger, and planted.
Thanks for the input, I'll get some more Plexi if I need I'll start with a few large holes and adjust as needed.

Newtot

Arachnosquire
I'm following bc I just got a big girl and want to do a nice looking cage. I ha e a 20 gal already.