T stirmi communal

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hello all. I read that T stirmi could live comunally. There is much talk about comunals is no good, but this i really think would work, i have really good feelings about this! A good friend who is a breeder and i bought 10 T stirmi juveniles. They are around 3 inches. I had an empty 20 gallon tank, so i used that one. I filled the tank with 8 inches moist soil and lots of corcbark and leaf litter so they had goid hides! I really hope this will work. I will update you all soon!

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
<Checks calendar>

You must be a few time zones ahead of me!

BennyBTamachi

Arachnosquire
Make sure to put one water dish per T stirmi and put their name on it. It can quickly become messy if they all drink in the same water dish!

... Unless you provide a really wide water dish but then they may use it as a swimming pool, and they get all wet and dirty, really annoys me when that happens

corydalis

Arachnosquire
I filled the tank with 8 inches moist soil and lots of corcbark and leaf litter so they had goid hides!
I appreciate your enthusiasm, but making multiple hiding spots is simply unnecessary IME, they tend to share the same hide, especially adult females.

Pyroxian

Arachnophobophiliac
Are you TRYING to get community spread of covid-19 in your invert room? Because that's how you get community spread of covid-19..

KenD

Arachnosquire
I hope you've added more than one hamster wheel. Stirmis need their exercise and there's likely to be fighting between them if they don't each have their own wheel.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I hope you've added more than one hamster wheel. Stirmis need their exercise and there's likely to be fighting between them if they don't each have their own wheel.
Yes of cours. That is taken care of

Pyroxian

Arachnophobophiliac
Didnt think of that! My goodness.😯
Maybe try this again next year, but for now, your T's should be practicing social distancing, avoiding unnecessary travel and washing their legs and pedipalps regularly. Skip the hand sanitizer though, mine at least really seemed to dislike it for some reason, I suspect it's the added scent, it's pretty masculine and my girls prefer a lighter, more floral perfume.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't forget to toss several mice for them to eat. That calcium is necessary to build up a tougher exoskeleton.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Don't forget to toss several mice for them to eat. That calcium is necessary to build up a tougher exoskeleton.
Is it? I did not know this. Thanks for the tip

I saw a person disagree!

Best to inform the rest that this whole thread is a APRIL FOOLS JOKE

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Seriously ? Even I caught that :p It was a good try. I thought about making one of my own and toss in a bunch of outdated techniques, but nah...

I can't see a T. stirmi communal going too well, it would only be a matter of time until a really huge one would be left...

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I damn well hope they're not gonna break the 1.5 metre social distancing regulations just because they're in the same enclosure

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
Soooo I just tried this and it's been 1.5 weeks. I didn't see that it was a joke and started off with 18 stirmi slings. I now just have 1 really big and angry T stirmi, I named him The Butcher.

The fluid of his old tankmates still drip from his fangs, and you can hear their laments at night time.

Thanks for the advice guys. Maybe next you can teach me how to dig 17 T Stirmi graves in my backyard.

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
Soooo I just tried this and it's been 1.5 weeks. I didn't see that it was a joke and started off with 18 stirmi slings. I now just have 1 really big and angry T stirmi, I named him The Butcher.

The fluid of his old tankmates still drip from his fangs, and you can hear their laments at night time.

Thanks for the advice guys. Maybe next you can teach me how to dig 17 T Stirmi graves in my backyard.
You’ve cultivated the most powerful Theraphosa this world has ever seen. Cultivated by the blood of its kind.

Braden

Arachnoknight
I didn't know T stirmi were communal, ill be waiting for updates lol

TheInv4sion

Arachnobaron
He’s only about a month old and already 8” DLS.
Only 8” you must have a runt I heard these things grow to a 14” DLS minimum all the care sheets say that also need to be kept in 100% humidity or they’ll just die in seconds.