T. Stigmurus

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Just got one of these guys ordered. Been wanting on anybody own any that have advise?

ignithium

Arachnoknight
its parthenogenetic so if u own one u own 20+
dont get stung
arboreal humid species

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Yep I knew about the parthenogenesis. Part of why I got it... been mesmerized by these guys for a while and never had opportunity till the breeder I got my Versicolor slings from had them

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
Tityus are an amazing group. The medical significance of their venoms is not to be taken lightly. Enclosures should be lockable as well as escape proof. Agile climbers adept an hiding, and as was already stated humidity is important...but so is good air flow.

woodie

Arachnosquire
I keep a few species of Tityus in plastic screw cap pickle jars with pin holes for side ventilation. Kept on moist coir with leaf litter and thin bark slab stacks.
Works well so far. They also seem to be actually communal, Always huddling together. Other communal species more or less seem to tolerate each other.

woodie

Arachnosquire
Yes, With all the oak leaves I think it creates enough hides that small instar can molt without cannibalism. Plus I feed all communals heavily and often

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Yes, With all the oak leaves I think it creates enough hides that small instar can molt without cannibalism. Plus I feed all communals heavily and often
What other communals do you have?

woodie

Arachnosquire
Tityus stigmurus, serrulatus, smithi. Centruroides exilicauda, sculpturatus, gracilis, hentzi,vittatus. Also keep a few Orthochirus innesi together.
However the species other that the Tityus tend to stake out their own areas. The Tityus seem to prefer being near each other.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
What’s a good easy desert scorpion to get? The tityus will be my first Scorpion. Wouldlike to have a tropical and dessert species

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
What’s a good easy desert scorpion to get? The tityus will be my first Scorpion. Wouldlike to have a tropical and dessert species
My first desert species was a desert hairy, and my first tropical was an emperor. Are you sure you want to start with a hot species? I don’t want to sound condescending in any way so please don’t take this the wrong way, but I wouldn’t recommend that.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
As @GordoOldman and @ivyalmighty said, and especially with this being your first scorpion, you should take great precaution with this species, as while it is rare event when it happens, it has the venom to kill humans. Do not underestimate it's speed or it's ability to climb. I would have some but the venom is more than I'm willing to risk right now.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
I think I’m ok with bec I’ve kept some very tough tarantulas and am always super cautious. I NEVER handle any invertebrates strictly enjo watching the do their thing and setting up enclosures. I am aware it’s got significant sting. The only time it will be rehoused is if/when it has babies and goes to a communal em lore and even then I likely would only use tongs to move it or objects. Any office would be appreciated on how to manipulate it. Too late now though it’s in its first enclosure and eating well

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I think I’m ok with bec I’ve kept some very tough tarantulas and am always super cautious. I NEVER handle any invertebrates strictly enjo watching the do their thing and setting up enclosures. I am aware it’s got significant sting. The only time it will be rehoused is if/when it has babies and goes to a communal em lore and even then I likely would only use tongs to move it or objects. Any office would be appreciated on how to manipulate it. Too late now though it’s in its first enclosure and eating well
That’s good I don’t handle mine either! I believe it stresses them out and isn’t helpful for them in any way so why do it yanno

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
I guess one big point is I’ve had an infatuation with this species for a very long time. It was the only scorpion I ever wanted. Now that I have it I’m I interested is a desert set up. Would be awesome to have both

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
I ordered some Ts from a site that had them for a reasonable price and figured if not now when. Shit happens but I have no delusions of EVER touching this thing with something that’s not atleast 8 inches long and metal so it can’t run up it

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I guess one big point is I’ve had an infatuation with this species for a very long time. It was the only scorpion I ever wanted. Now that I have it I’m I interested is a desert set up. Would be awesome to have both
That’s exactly how I was with my emperor and then I ended up with a desert hairy, Arizona smoothclaw, vinegaroon, and a tailless whip scorpion. All of which I highly reccommend. Especially the tailless whip or vinegaroon, as they’re completely harmless to humans but very different from scorpions and fascinating. They’re more tropical though.