T.STAYS IN HER WATER BOWL

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
Probably drinking and getting some moisture. No worries. I caught mine drinking all the time

Pstonetherealest

Arachnopeon
Probably drinking and getting some moisture. No worries. I caught mine drinking all the time
Ok thank because she does this often i keep her cage with moisture. But she loves laying next to the water or laying in thank you alot.

Ic4ru577

Arachnoknight
Btw, you may want to add more subs to prevent fall damage. Your T will appreciate some burrowing activities.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Probably because your enclosure is way too dry for a T stirmi, which is a moisture dependant species.

You should keep the substrate moist at all times, otherwise it will end up having a bad moult.

Also there is probably too much height in that enclosure but I'll let someone else mention that.

cold blood

Staff member
This is a sign the enclosure is too dry....looking at the species, and the sub, thats certainly the case....Theraphosa require damp substrate.

The enclosure also looks way too tall.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
As has been said, it's probably too dry.

Generally speaking, it's too dry if the spider is hanging out in the water dish constantly. On the other end of the spectrum, it's probably too moist if the tarantula is constantly wandering.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
As has been said, it's probably too dry.

Generally speaking, it's too dry if the spider is hanging out in the water dish constantly. On the other end of the spectrum, it's probably too moist if the tarantula is constantly wandering.
It's hard to see, but the ground on the right seems very close ...
More substrate = more moisture storage = more fun for your "stirmi"...

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
I agree with those who have stated the enclosure needs a rework with more substrate which is damp considering the species appears to be Theraphosa stirmi. The lack of moisture in the substrate is probably the primary cause of it laying in the water, but there is another reason that could be the cause. Sometimes when a tarantula of any species doesn't have an adequate hide, they will use the water dish as one. I have personally seen this in many species from tropical rainforests as well as from arid climates. In fact, I have a male Cotztetlana sp. "Puebla" using its water cup as a hide as a type this post and it is definitely not dehydrated or needs damp soil.

Pstonetherealest

Arachnopeon
This is a sign the enclosure is too dry....looking at the species, and the sub, thats certainly the case....Theraphosa require damp substrate.

The enclosure also looks way too tall.
Thank you I usually spray it every 2 weeks but thanks for the update

Pstonetherealest

Arachnopeon
I agree with those who have stated the enclosure needs a rework with more substrate which is damp considering the species appears to be Theraphosa stirmi. The lack of moisture in the substrate is probably the primary cause of it laying in the water, but there is another reason that could be the cause. Sometimes when a tarantula of any species doesn't have an adequate hide, they will use the water dish as one. I have personally seen this in many species from tropical rainforests as well as from arid climates. In fact, I have a male Cotztetlana sp. "Puebla" using its water cup as a hide as a type this post and it is definitely not dehydrated or needs damp soil.
She has one in the opposite corner she use to use it often but now she really don't she stay by the water or she uses the skull in the back ground some times. Thank you for the information i will get on this ASAP

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Spraying on its own isn't enough as it doesn't reach the depths of the substrate. What you need is to pour water down the side of the enclosure where the substrate meets the wall. You want the bottom to become wet as it will soak through to the top layers so that the rest of it will be moist. When you see it drying out repeat.

cold blood

Staff member
This is an inadequate way to properly dampen substrate.

Pour water in, you really want the deepest parts of the sub to be damp.....misting does nothing.

It should be kept damp all the time and watered before completely drying out. Deep sub helps maintain the moisture longer.