T shelves designs and ideas

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Here's mine. Was a 40$ Wal-mart brand cabinet w/ 2 folding doors and 4 shelves. I added strip LED lighting from IKEA and it's on a timer so it's easy to view and takes care of itself.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here's mine. Was a 40$ Wal-mart brand cabinet w/ 2 folding doors and 4 shelves. I added strip LED lighting from IKEA and it's on a timer so it's easy to view and takes care of itself.

Where did you get the timer? How does it work (I understand what it does, just not exactly how it does it) and how much do they generally cost?

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
I have 3 shelves like this for my adults! Full! then another 2 filled with spiderlings! they all have heating from the back!

Thanx

Last edited:

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Love Everyones Pix!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

Ike: Good job on the lighting under shelf layers...

Skelington: Show some Pix when upgraded, would like 2 C.

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am in the process of buying a house. When I do I'm going to have a T room - I want to buy some cheap bookshelves from walmart or somewhere - I won't just have T's on them though - I'm going to put some knick knacks and plants... I don't want them "closed in"

Now currently in my condo in the winter I have the temps set at 65 at night and 68 during the day - which people here have told me is fine.

Only problem is the T's slow way down - don't molt, hardly eat etc. SO I wanted to take advantage of them having their own room in a house to be able to set them up better.

Ideally I want to heat the entire room (the door will be kept closed) to 75-80 while the rest of the house was at max 68.

But I really really really really do not trust any sort of "space heater". (I asked about space heaters on another thread in the past) I want to try zonal heating - but that may be too expensive.

SO I thought about simply heating the shelves - I have a lead on some thermal non-stick heat pads (would be used with a thermostat of course) BUT on another thread I saw where people said to not put them UNDER the T cages... Orginally I was thinking of putting them on the shelves - then a board an inch or so above the padd, then the cages and small sling containers on the board - so the heat padd is not *touching* the cages. (I have more slings then anything)

I also thought of putting the padds on the back - then realized most cheap bookcases don't have a wood back - they have a paper/cardboard back that looks like wood.

SO I wondered how you guys taht heat the area around your T's do it. (note I won't use heat tape - unless someone has already cut it and set it up so all I have to do is plug it in the wall... )

oh and would putting the heat pads on say the sides of the bookcase heat the book case in general up enough? or would the heat radiate out only a few inchs? what about consitancy? I'd hate for the temp to be 85 near the pad and 75 in the middle of the shelf.

Thanks for your input. And when I'm all settled in a month or two from now I'll post *my* pics up here. :)

- Sharon