T Rescue...

Faunya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just got a shipment of T's in this afternoon, and one of them does not look good at all!

The A. Seemanni came in with its legs curled underneath it...it still moves a bit when I touch it though.

I removed it from its FILTHY travel container and put it in the housing I arranged for it - a tall storage container with 3-4" peat moss/vermiculite.

I placed it on top of a paper towel, with its mouth right over the water dish (making sure the abdomen stays dry).

I misted the enclosure and set it on a heat pad.

Is there anything else I can do? Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

thanks,
-Faunya

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Hey Faunya,

You should post a review of whoever sent you that T in the 'filthy container' and the fact that it was in rough shape on arrival. As far as your A. seemani goes, I had similar problems with my H. aureopilosum, and rehydration seemed to do the trick. Most people I hear mention T's in this condition usually say they die a few days later though, so hopefully you get some of my luck this time around.

Bill

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You could try the "ICU" (Page 149 of the Tarantula Keeper's Guide)

Basically a clean container (they list a cottege cheese container as a good one) with a wet paper towel in it for substrate. Two or three holes, and place it in a dark, quiet place.

Good luck...

Cronoss

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You could give it water from a siringe(don't tink i spelled it right)
as it may be to weak to drink on its own.
hope this helps
Bryan

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
what a bummer. As Bill says, you should post a review, but ONLY after resolving it (or trying to) with the sender.
Hope it lives for you, sounds like you are doing everything right.
I had the same thing happen (minus the filthy container LOL) but her abdomen had burst in transit. It was really sad. Looks like yours might have a chance if it can rehydrate.
good luck to you

Faunya

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, it looks as though my attempts to revive it were unsuccessful. Just in case, though, I'm going to to the ICU thing overnight. I'm pretty sure it's gone, though.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I'm going to wait on the review until I have things settled with the distributor. Unfortunately, this little A. Seemanni isn't the only thing I lost (1 red clawed scorpion as well).