T related questions

spyderlady

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've been keeping t's for six years and I feel I'm ready for an Old World t. Which species is recommended? And does anyone know about the care for the Malaysian Blue Femur? Looking to get one in a couple years.

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
I've been keeping t's for six years and I feel I'm ready for an Old World t. Which species is recommended? And does anyone know about the care for the Malaysian Blue Femur? Looking to get one in a couple years.
Just my opinion of course, but I love Chilobrachys fimbriatus and think it'd be a great first OW - - plus, their webs are AMAZING!

spyderlady

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks! A bunch of people on that thread recommend an OBT or a Stout leg baboon. By the way, my Brachypelma Sabulosum 'hooked' out and breeding is taboo so... how long will he live?

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks! A bunch of people on that thread recommend an OBT or a Stout leg baboon. By the way, my Brachypelma Sabulosum 'hooked' out and breeding is taboo so... how long will he live?
Forgive my ignorance, but why is breeding them taboo?

spyderlady

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Breeding is taboo because my mom doesn't allow it. I'm still living with my parents and they're not spider people so breeding and collecting is taboo. I'm forced to stay at just five t's. Brachypelma Sabulosum, Avicularia sp. 'Amazonica', Avicularia Metallica, Cyclosternum Fasciatum and Brachypelma Emilia. Although I would really like a Singapore Blue and a Malaysian Blue Femur but I can't buy them.

Last edited:

ArachnidJackson

Arachnopeon
Just an option

Breeding is taboo because my mom doesn't allow it. I'm still living with my parents and they're not spider people so breeding and collecting is taboo. I'm forced to stay at just five t's. Brachypelma Sabulosum, Avicularia sp. 'Amazonica', Avicularia Metallica, Cyclosternum Fasciatum and Brachypelma Emilia. Although I would really like a Singapore Blue and a Malaysian Blue Femur but I can't buy them.
Ummm, send them off to be bred and sell the offspring?

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My first OW was an OBT, although I think mine is broken, lol. I read all these stories about flipping over backwards aggression,and seen videos on Youtube of their craziness, but I have had mine for 9 months and I only seen one threat posture, and it was because I was moving her. :eek:

She usually just darts off into her hide, or does a marathon around her enclosure a few times, lol.

However, I do not want to tempt fate. I give her much respect and privacy.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
IMO P. regalis.

They're beautiful, they get large. And they tend to run and hide IME.

Good intro to pokies, but maybe others can advise on other old world.

Lampropelma violaceopes is another excellent species but they are pet holes again IME.

spyderlady

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've wanted a Singapore Blue! Females are pretty which is exactly I have wanted a Singapore :)