T. psychedelicus discussion and Q/A

Has T. psychedelicus been bred here in the United States?

• Total voters

Kelly Fornez

Arachnopeon
I have acquired T. psychedelicus through purchasing a female gravid B. Boehmi. I ended up buying both turantulas for 465$ plus i had to trade my full grown female OBT. I have been doing some more research and i have found the species is new to the hobby in the United states and almost all if not all specimens are imported from the U.K. I have decided i would like to pair her up one day. She is a sub adult female and she will not be ready for another year or so but i would like to know what hobbiest in the U.K have to say about this species or anyone who has knowledge on this beautiful species.

Attachments

CarbonBasedLifeform

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I would love to get one of these after seeing net-bug had these available.. but I have not seen much about them. I have gathered that they are old world and pet holes, so I am assuming they are obligate burrowers?

Kelly Fornez

Arachnopeon
I would love to get one of these after seeing net-bug had these available.. but I have not seen much about them. I have gathered that they are old world and pet holes, so I am assuming they are obligate burrowers?
Mine has made burrows but it comes out often.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
From what I understand they are OW obligate burrowers that need to be kept on somewhat moist substrate. Gorgeous tarantulas.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Their price is obscene and quite frankly there's cheapest and underestimated genus Chilobrachys IMO better :pompous:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just another brightly coloured pet hole (; I don't buy into fads... there are some gorgeous Ts constantly overlooked because they aren't 'rare' and it is silly.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What is even the size that these mature at? I am thinking 4-4.5" perhaps.
I have a 3.75" female, and 3.5" male. Will be attempting to breed them sometime towards the beginning/middle of next year.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
I honestly can't tell if these things are pretty or ugly. Do they look better in person? I'm waiting for the price drop, I don't think they are worth the price at the moment

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
Somebody is getting some bad information, I've never even had one : )
LOL ....dang it I knew I forgot to put something in the box this morning. We will get you some so you can "breed them" and "import them from the UK". Always fun to read about the new things you have done with out your knowledge....I get all kinds of information sent to me about things I did not know I did...its like getting the National Enquirer and eagerly awaiting to see what happens to your self next LMAO.

Last edited: