T pics

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Here's a few pics of my T's..the ones that co-operated anyways...lol..I'll post more as soon as the rest are out in the open.Srry for the poor quality pics..I borrowed a digital and it's the first time I've ever used one.

First up is a T.blondi....temporarily in a 5 1/2 gallon until I get her her own 20 gallon tank

Last edited:

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
third is a A.bicoloratum

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice pics!!
where'd you get the bicoloratum from? a show? or a store (hey, it can happen!). Is yours a big eater?

peace dave

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got my B.bicoloratum from a petstore specializing in reptiles and inverts.I actually get them from both dealers and stores..stores can be quite costly though....
All watering dishes are 4 inch watering dishes.My T.blondi and Brachy's can easily straddle them.The pics are quite decieving actually.I'm still not sure on how to measure them accurately though..lol..they're a fair size..the T' blondi is my biggest T thus far..she's actually on the intimidating size already...lol...and hisses...shocked me the first time..wasn't long pullin' my hand back I tell you....lol...peace..

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
nice pics!!
where'd you get the bicoloratum from? a show? or a store (hey, it can happen!). Is yours a big eater?

peace dave
Big eaters...all my brachy's are pigs..lol...would be very easy to overfeed them.They just take..take and take.My B.vagans is the best.Totally out of sight in it's shelter..drop a cricket in at the other end of the tank...just like lightning..out of the shelter..bamm..onto the cricket and then as fast as it came out..back into the shelter.Quite funny actually.The vagans is quite smaller than the other two and to see her shoot across the tank like that..well you've got to see it...sort of scurries..not up and running but level with the substrate..almost like sliding on ice...lol...they even all attack the water dish when I'm refilling it..batting away at the splashes.The brachy's are fast becoming my favs.And the thing I like most..they're pretty much visible all the time and active...peace..

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by pelo
third is a B.bicoloratum
Don't you mean A. bicoloratum, as in Aphnopelma? :?

Bry

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A.bicoloratum..I stand corrected..few beers yesterday...lol...peace

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Cool spideys!

Let's hope they don't climb the walls, fall and break their ... things spiders break when they fall :).

Dennis

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, I was thinking you might want a deeper substrate, so they don't have as far to fall if they climb. Nice T's tho. Also, I was wondering, is the A. bicoloratum really that orange/red ? It looks a lot like a B.boehmei. Now that matters to me because I really like the looks of B.boehmei, but its flicky nature puts me off. I was wondering if the A. bicoloratum could be a not-so-flicky alternative to the Brachy, and still have the beautiful coloration? Also, how big do these get?

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
beautiful Ts, my fav is definitely the B. smithi but the A. bicoloratum is also just gorgeous. i'm not much for the solid color Ts usually.