T keeping blues.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well it seems that Im almost out of space in my T room. Im also having less and less time to spend with them due to work hours. Sad thing. Hopefully I wont have to start selling my duplicates.:8o. Im trying to cut back on getting new ts until I have the slings from a recent sac gone, buuuuut.....I have a few more coming in soon. Im sure you all know how that works.:wall:

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
J, Um....sounds to me like you're doing great! :)

Terry

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You're going about this wrong... You need a bigger room...

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Haha! Yea I thought about a bigger room, but I this is the only place for them right now. When I get my new place here soon Im going to have a nice big room fo them :} I only have a small little section on a top shelf left. So I may be able to squeeze about 5 more in after these new ones come in....buuuut, I have a few males about to mature so that should free up some room. And once all of these second instars are out of here I will have even more room{D!

But the whole time thing comes into play. I know they really dont take that much time to take care of, but Im almost never home. I set sunday nights as their feeding/watering/cleaning day.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just think.. Here soon... If my P. irminia drops a sac.. You will have more second instar babies.. LoL!

P.S. That MM got munched the night before last.. :eek: I thought it would be OK to leave them together since she was so easy on him the first time.. She is getting nice and fat.. Has a yellow glow.. ;)

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice to hear that he at least got the job before his demise! Ah, the tragic life of a MM lol.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yup, similar problem. I just need another shelf. Or 2, 5, 10... {D

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Haha, and I have a possible gravid female over here too. I just cant stop myself.

belljar77

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I brought home six new Ts on Saturday. My husband had that look on his face- so I let him get a snake, and all was well :) Seriously, I'm verging on out-of-hand myself, and need to start thinning. Giant female G. pulchripes, anyone?

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I feel your pain, Jake. I get the same way. Depressed over spending 12 hours feeding tarantulas. Next thing I know, I'm buying new ones or breeding old ones and creating more work. I have great faith that you'll manage somehow; you love your T's too much to let go of any of them. {D diane

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Its called hitting the T wall!!!
At one point I was over 100 T's, and it was getting a lil much. So I stopped buying T's, letting slings grow and MM ride off into the sunset. Now I'm down to a slim 80 or so and the itch to start expanding is once again upon me{D

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just think.. Here soon... If my P. irminia drops a sac.. You will have more second instar babies.. LoL!

P.S. That MM got munched the night before last.. :eek: I thought it would be OK to leave them together since she was so easy on him the first time.. She is getting nice and fat.. Has a yellow glow.. ;)
You will get 2-3 sacs from that LOL!!

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well after these slings go into 2i, I will be trading them for more little critters. Then Im going to wait untill a few MM's get sent off to free up some room.

Or....I could move some of the snake cages to the bedroom....

Haha, in all seriousness though, I need to slow down a bit.

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Jake, what slings are you trying to get rid of? I'm probably within driving distance of you.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have as of recently thought of these problems myself. i have over 150 right now with slings and adults...ive been barely making it by with my bills so i am no longer buying any more. i will do trades to get what i want or sell out right to play catch up and treat my girl to the things she deserves like dinner/movie night, shopping and general fun times. I have loaned out over 20 MM and i have only received one successful 50/50. others are looking promising but theres still not enough turn over for "profit" (if thats a word one can use with this hobby). i am also breeding 5 of my own girls right now and things are looking good BUT....with todays economy when do people stop buying and breeders turn into hoarders? Also, with everyone worried about the 2012 scare what happens if everything does come crashing down around us? my only rational thought is to start breedin the crap outta LP's and saving EVERY baby, grow them up and if/when 2012 turns out to be a struggle to the death ill have like 15000 LP's i can eat lmao!:eek:;P

but in all seriousness when you love something so much when do you say enough is enough?