T injured in moult!

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
Hi there,

I had 3 tarantulas moult a couple of days ago, one being my sub-adult c. versicolor.

I've just seen her start to emerge from her web and it looks like she has sustained an injury while moulting. I can't tell though whether she's lost a leg or her abdomen has ruptured. Pics below - can anyone advise please?

I would imagine if it's her leg it will eventually grow back. If its her abdomen though then it's probably just a matter of time before she dies?

IMG_3798.jpeg

IMG_3797.jpeg

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
Looks to me like a missing leg, will grow back.

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
Update!

She's come further out of her web and the leg that looks missing... isn't. In fact she looks to have all 8 (a couple are still inside the web) and her abdomen looks straighter.

Could it just have been her position? If so I feel slightly foolish for panicking, but also very relieved!

IMG_3803.jpeg

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
Another update. She's fully out and I can confirm that she has all of her legs. However something is still not right with her abdomen. It looks slightly twisted and a little damp in one corner, and she's supporting it with one of her rear legs.

Can't get a good pic in her current position.

Is this something she can heal from?

Wayne

Marcostaco

Arachnobaron
Another update. She's fully out and I can confirm that she has all of her legs. However something is still not right with her abdomen. It looks slightly twisted and a little damp in one corner, and she's supporting it with one of her rear legs.

Can't get a good pic in her current position.

Is this something she can heal from?

Wayne
If she eats and acts normally other than supporting the abdomen, she could recover from the next molt