T. ID Vendor Story

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Well... I just got back from Repticon and it was a great time to be had. One of my friendly vendors told me a story of @Philth at other shows. I was told he (Philth) would go see every vendor and ID T.'s and true spiders with a justice of ID-ing everything (spider related) being sold. I had to laugh so hard because I can see so many vendors being intimidated by you @Philth aka Tom. You're a good man for doing the job of all the T. ID in the north-east ;). But I just had to laugh because the way it was told seems like an intimidation for vendors/sellers having T.'s for sale. :rofl::smug:;)

Anyways, good to ID properly of what T.'s are being sold from clueless/not-so-experienced vendors.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Tom’s a stand up guy. Always answers questions.

Well... I just got back from Repticon and it was a great time to be had. One of my friendly vendors told me a story of @Philth at other shows. I was told he (Philth) would go see every vendor and ID T.'s and true spiders with a justice of ID-ing everything (spider related) being sold. I had to laugh so hard because I can see so many vendors being intimidated by you @Philth aka Tom. You're a good man for doing the job of all the T. ID in the north-east ;). But I just had to laugh because the way it was told seems like an intimidation for vendors/sellers having T.'s for sale. :rofl::smug:;)

Anyways, good to ID properly of what T.'s are being sold from clueless/not-so-experienced vendors.

Which one were you at?

Last edited by a moderator:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Which one were you at?[/QUOTE]
I was at Charlotte, NC this time. I usually only go the first day to get the good stuff before it's gone and just not go the second day because everything good will be gone by then, so I don't bother with any second day for Repticon. But it was a good time to be had over there with the other vendors.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
One time a vendor at the NY show actually had a sign saying, "spiders ID'd by Tom Patterson" No lie, I never looked at their spiders or was ever even asked lol.

Later, Tom

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I have to admit, there is a certain level of, how do I say it, intimidation (maybe? Strong respect leading to fear of being disproven in the eyes of the more knowledgable person? Not sure of the right word) when a person who is very experienced walks by and offers to check your stuff. What if you misidentified something? What would a customer think? Especially if you are trying very hard to provide quality spiders with quality service.
That is awesome that you would take the time to help people out that way though @Philth.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Looking for me ? Did I not respond to a email?

-Tom