T- I.C.U.

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I was talking tp a T breeder/seller yesterday and we got on a topic of treating sick T's.Contrary to the "humid" I.C.U. unit he said the best way to treat a sick T is in an empty container with just a water dish.No spraying,misting or wet/moist substrate.The water dish will supply the T with all the water it needs.The unit should have plenty of ventilation.Added heat..appr 80-85 dgrs is beneficial.He said a lot of problems with T's is too much and or constant humidity/moisture which makes the extoskeleton very soft,pliable and saturated.A T's extoskeleton must be allowed to toughen up/harden.A constant wet/soggy extoskeleton actually will not allow moisture to be absorbed after prolonged exposure to too much/constant moisture.He says he treats his T's like plants when it comes to moisture.He moistens/wets the enclosures/substrate then lets them completely dry out before adding moisture again(complete wet-dry cycle)....dependant on conditions he says,he waters/mists the containers/enclosures/substrate about once every 10 days.Every where a T comes from whether it be desert/scrubland or tropical rainforsets all T's are subject to seasonal drought or dry spells which a T needs for overall good health.....some food for thought:) ...peace..

Last edited:

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
interesting...

i suppose everyone's got their own way. might be worth a shot, though the moist paper towel bit works fine for me...

any breeder/seller in particular?

peace
dave