T for an arachnophobe followup.

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post! I was expecting the Chilean Rose and the B. Smithi to pop up the most. But, a breed I've never heard of did. G. pulchripes. (spelling error?) After watching videos on it, I will present the pros and cons to my parents, along with a fact sheet. If anyone is selling a sling of it I can get my dad to look if they approve.

I have been watching Jon3800 on youtube since August 14, 2014. Back then, I was bullied a lot. I found his videos and got hooked. I pestered my parents for a spider for the remainder of that year, and become obsessed, until it died down. Early this year, I started watching him again. o matter what I do, my parents won't crack. The things I mentioned above my help.

If anyone is going to BTS 2017, look out for me. I will persuade my parents to let me go as it is about a fortnight after my birthday. I know T's there are cheap. If you want to look out for me, I will either be in a wheelchair or blue walking apparatus.

Until the replies flow,
Connor.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post! I was expecting the Chilean Rose and the B. Smithi to pop up the most. But, a breed I've never heard of did. G. pulchripes. (spelling error?) After watching videos on it, I will present the pros and cons to my parents, along with a fact sheet. If anyone is selling a sling of it I can get my dad to look if they approve.

I have been watching Jon3800 on youtube since August 14, 2014. Back then, I was bullied a lot. I found his videos and got hooked. I pestered my parents for a spider for the remainder of that year, and become obsessed, until it died down. Early this year, I started watching him again. o matter what I do, my parents won't crack. The things I mentioned above my help.

If anyone is going to BTS 2017, look out for me. I will persuade my parents to let me go as it is about a fortnight after my birthday. I know T's there are cheap. If you want to look out for me, I will either be in a wheelchair or blue walking apparatus.

Until the replies flow,
Connor.
G. pulchripes is a great spider! After I saw one (a big mature female - sadly not for sale) at a show, I decided that was going to be the next spider on my list. While it didn't quite work out that way (I found and purchased a dozen or so other spiders first, all in a relatively short period) I did finally get both my sub-adult female and a good-sized bonus sling and I couldn't be happier with them. They are a slow-growing species, so if you get a sling, it will take quite a while before it reaches an impressive size, but watching tarantulas grow and change is part of the joy of owning them.

Good luck!

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
G. pulchripes is a great spider! After I saw one (a big mature female - sadly not for sale) at a show, I decided that was going to be the next spider on my list. While it didn't quite work out that way (I found and purchased a dozen or so other spiders first, all in a relatively short period) I did finally get both my sub-adult female and a good-sized bonus sling and I couldn't be happier with them. They are a slow-growing species, so if you get a sling, it will take quite a while before it reaches an impressive size, but watching tarantulas grow and change is part of the joy of owning them.

Good luck!
Thank You very much! I hope I get one for my birthday! Ken isn't selling any...

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I really hope that you can have a Theraphosidae, Connor.

G.pulchripes
are IMO perfect, they are benign spiders, super easy to care for, zero issues. But there's others like that. I really, really hope that. Take care.

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
I really hope that you can have a Theraphosidae, Connor.

G.pulchripes
are IMO perfect, they are benign spiders, super easy to care for, zero issues. But there's others like that. I really, really hope that. Take care.
Thanks, mate! I will tell my family every bit of info I have been told on this post!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Thanks, mate! I will tell my family every bit of info I have been told on this post!
Don't forget to tell to your family this... Theraphosidae can teach a lot to us. They can teach us, or reminds us, the "art" of patience. One of the most noble values.

Best of luck, Connor :)

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
It took me t h i r t e e n y e a r s to convince my parents to let me get a tarantula. I hope your parents are more flexible.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
G. pulchripes was my first and I love it. B. albopilosum is another really nice beginner species worth your consideration.

cold blood

Staff member
It looks like it'll be a no from dad but he hasn't read the email yet. :/
Your parents are actually preparing you for t ownership...as patience is one of the hardest qualities for newcomers to get accustomed to.

It will happen in time, till then, just read as many AB threads as you can and look at all the pics available....by the time you get one you will probably be significantly more educated on them as you are now, which will make choosing the first one even easier.

You got plenty of time my youthful friend:)

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
Your parents are actually preparing you for t ownership...as patience is one of the hardest qualities for newcomers to get accustomed to.

It will happen in time, till then, just read as many AB threads as you can and look at all the pics available....by the time you get one you will probably be significantly more educated on them as you are now, which will make choosing the first one even easier.

You got plenty of time my youthful friend:)
Looks like a G. Pulchripes might be on the way for me.

notanarachnophobe

Arachnosquire
Okay good. A lot of people throw their first tarantulas in the trash while molting because it looks like they're dead. Good ole @cold blood over here found his first T on her back, and he actually picked her up and flipped her over. Luckily it molted fine tho ;)
How do I know if it's molting and not dead?