T floating in water upside down.

MacDrachma

Arachnopeon
Alright I just had a freak out moment. I found my G. rosea sling floating upside down in its' water dish. I was freaked out that it had drowned and touched it with a brush and it flipped over and ran into its' hide.

So now I am trying to figure out what the heck it was doing. Did I interrupt a molt attempt? It is due.

Has anyone seen their T do this?

(P.S. I keep the dish full at all times and do not wet the sub at all. If the sub gets wet from the dish the T will take the wet sub and move it to the far corner like it is trash haha)

cold blood

Staff member
It probably fell into the dish. If it was floating upside down, then its book lungs would have been above the surface of the water, therefore drowning couldn't have happened.

TarantulaObsession

Arachnosquire
You probably interrupted a molt because I don't think it's normal for a t to be upside down for any other reason. Is it's butt black and shiny?

MacDrachma

Arachnopeon
The T does like to walk on the walls and I guess a fall could have happened. Luckily there is not much room to fall from.

The T is ready for a molt. But is big and shiny and dark. So I am not sure which it was.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I had a sling do this recently. I moved it onto the substrate. It was attempting moult and didnt make it :(

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
This thread has me wondering if maybe there is something like a too big waterdish/water surface for T's. Of course, it is rare to have T's molting in the waterdish, but maybe a pebble or something could help prevent this?

dopamine

Arachnobaron
I had an H. mac sling do this a while ago. I was worried it had attempted a molt in the water dish.

MacDrachma

Arachnopeon
The T has come out of its' hide and is back on one of the walls. Has not moved in 12 hours or so. So I am thinking either it slipped in or it is just being a weird G. rosea

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
The T has come out of its' hide and is back on one of the walls. Has not moved in 12 hours or so. So I am thinking either it slipped in or it is just being a weird G. rosea
Well, in this case that's good news :)

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Alright I just had a freak out moment. I found my G. rosea sling floating upside down in its' water dish. I was freaked out that it had drowned and touched it with a brush and it flipped over and ran into its' hide.

So now I am trying to figure out what the heck it was doing. Did I interrupt a molt attempt? It is due.

Has anyone seen their T do this?

(P.S. I keep the dish full at all times and do not wet the sub at all. If the sub gets wet from the dish the T will take the wet sub and move it to the far corner like it is trash haha)
Backstroke...

SpiderDad61

Arachnoknight
You could have simply gotten one of those highly desired and low numbered back stroking G rosea.......