T fell onto her back and didn't move

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
Update?

Hope it's pulling through.
It's not looking good... It has not death curled, but I suspect it is dead. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to be certain, but it's completely limp, and still totally unmoved... The shipper speculated that it may have been somewhat overfed, and as such, may have sustained some sort of internal rupture, due to rough handling during shipping... It ate two days before it arrived, and it's abdomen was HUGE...

That said, I certainly couldn't have helped matters by flipping a disoriented, and possibly molting spider off of its back either.... (BIG lesson learned)

I feel bad throwing in the towel before its time, so I shall wait until tomorrow to make any drastic decisions, but I think she's gone... :( I still want to be certain, so I shall continue to monitor her progress and smell...

The shipper offered to replace the T under his 1 week live arrival guarantee, and has been extremely wonderful, and gracious through this entire ordeal. I cannot thank all who've contributed here enough either, for all of your excellent advice, patience, and guidance, on what I believe will inevitably be my first Tarantula loss... Until tomorrow, I thank you all again, and I appreciate all of your warm wishes, and amazing support.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's not looking good... It has not death curled, but I suspect it is dead. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to be certain, but it's completely limp, and still totally unmoved... The shipper speculated that it may have been somewhat overfed, and as such, may have sustained some sort of internal rupture, due to rough handling during shipping... It ate two days before it arrived, and it's abdomen was HUGE...

That said, I certainly couldn't have helped matters by flipping a disoriented, and possibly molting spider off of its back either.... (BIG lesson learned)

I feel bad throwing in the towel before its time, so I shall wait until tomorrow to make any drastic decisions, but I think she's gone... :( I still want to be certain, so I shall continue to monitor her progress and smell...

The shipper offered to replace the T under his 1 week live arrival guarantee, and has been extremely wonderful, and gracious through this entire ordeal. I cannot thank all who've contributed here enough either, for all of your excellent advice, patience, and guidance, on what I believe will inevitably be my first Tarantula loss... Until tomorrow, I thank you all again, and I appreciate all of your warm wishes, and amazing support.
From what I've seen in this thread, you've done a great job of taking a hard lesson with a grain of salt.

I'm sure your next T will be more successful, and you'll do just fine.

Everyone, I think, has a bad experience or makes a mistake that teaches them a valuable lesson.

Good luck! :eek:

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

Bummer dude. Better luck with the next one.
Don't beat yourself up too much.

Great Basin Ben

Arachnosquire
She's officially no longer with us

This morning, I checked on her, and she had passed...:(

I'm definitely bummed, but thankful that I got to experience her, even if but for a fleeting time. I am VERY THANKFUL to all of you here, and shall view this as a valuable learning experience, and will try and grow as much as possible from it. I never could have guessed that I'd grow SO fond of a little spider, but I now know how easy it can be. Thanks again, I appreciate everything.

Take care everyone,
Ben.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
Sorry for your loss bro. U learned alot in a short amount of time. Good luck in the future.

jimip

Arachnosquire
sorry for your loss, i had been following hoping it would pull through but being a noob myself had nothing to contribute. i hope your next one works out.

jebbewocky

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
This morning, I checked on her, and she had passed...:(

I'm definitely bummed, but thankful that I got to experience her, even if but for a fleeting time. I am VERY THANKFUL to all of you here, and shall view this as a valuable learning experience, and will try and grow as much as possible from it. I never could have guessed that I'd grow SO fond of a little spider, but I now know how easy it can be. Thanks again, I appreciate everything.

Take care everyone,
Ben.
Not too be gross--but did she stink? Because that's really the only way to know for sure. :(

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ben, Sorry to hear the sling didn't make it:(. Better luck on remaining t's and future acquisitions. :)

Terry

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I'm sorry for your loss. :( You learned a valuable lesson, though and it will help you in the future.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Condolences on your loss. :( I am glad that you took the advice given here with grace and gratitude, that was refreshing on this end. :clap: Please don't let this discourage you from having one of these beautiful creatures as a pet. Hopefully it will spawn a zest for information on them though!:D