T feeder overdose

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She stopped eating for 3 months I thougth she was going to molt, then a week ago she start eating again and got this big lol. she is currently eating some bloaded hissers in the pic:)

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
ooo ok i thoght she was bursting open :/ i could never own one of those they scare me :8o

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I love them nice and big, but I recommend you to stop the feeding till the abdomen decreases just a little bit.

They put a lot of preasure on their organs and it usualy end up in death.
It has happened to me.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I love them nice and big, but I recommend you to stop the feeding till the abdomen decreases just a little bit.

They put a lot of preasure on their organs and it usualy end up in death.
It has happened to me.
Thanks for the advice I will keep that in mind, I was going to breed her that is why I was making her really fat. I want to beat ryan's record of 150+ something eggs. however, the male that I loaned did not make it in time to mate with her after it mated with my other female.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I would say she is definitely plenty fat enough to breed! You can rupture their abdomen with too much feeding...

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Doesn't look unusual to me. This species--at least the specimens I have seen--have been very large in the booty area.

Overfeeding is not recommended, though. This species is quite aggressive toward prey so if it is fasting, it's had a lot to eat. A disproportionate number of tarantula deaths on the boards seem to be blondi's. Best to take care with them.