T. Falconensis venom

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello guys,

I know that the genus Tityus is known as dangerous scorpions, cause of the power of their venom, but my seller have one to sell and said that the Falconensis is the one with less power, and also said that are good to begginers.

Is that true?

And, what about centruroides margarinatus?

tks

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's going very slow right now, but VenomList featured T. falconensis as its scorpion of the month a few months back. If i recall correctly its venom was sometihng lke 3.5 out of 5. Where as other tityus, such as stigmurus, were 5/5. Here is the link, although its having trouble load at the moment:

http://venomlist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14875

Having said that, its best to err on the side of caution, and I would treat these as if they were 5 out 5 on the potency scale.

I myself have a few and love them. Their care requirements are easy enough, and they seem very eager to breed. Be sure you read that article first, and some experience keeping hotter species would help.

As for marginatus, it was also the scorpion of the montha while back, and i think it had a venom of 2-3 out of 5.

http://venomlist.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16673&st=0&gopid=189630&#entry189630

Last edited:

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tks.

I'm not thinking to buy any one now. I will training with the babycurus to understand better how to care a scorp.

Latter I'm sure I will buy one of them :D

Loving barkscorpions! :D

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think that is a good decision Pear. Expecially with the help of some great hobbyiest that are around. There will be more tityus to last a lifetime by next year, although theres already millions now compared to a couple years ago.

In the meantime, if I were over in that part of the world I would be looking for and reccomend looking for would be,

Babycurus gigas, some uncommon Lychas species, and maybe some Hottentotta, Nebo species, etc. Hope the search for those species will interest you.

Ed

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hottentota have really cool species. Hottentotta jayakari salei are awsome :D

Are they a hot specie? or their venom ir not very dangerous?

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hottentota have really cool species. Hottentotta jayakari salei are awsome :D

Are they a hot specie? or their venom ir not very dangerous?
Again, anything in that is a buthid is potentially medically significant. Read sting reports of other hottentota species to get a rough idea of what you're dealing with. My general rule is to treat all buthids as if being stung by them would be a very bad thing :)

P_e_a_R

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
LOOL.

Ok, understood :D

I'm only searching more information. I'm not allready familiarized with all genus dangerousity, so i'm asking to get a little bit more understood in the hobby.

What do yopu think of Rophalurus Junceus? Acording to what i've been reading, that is a venom like a B. Jacksoni, i'm right?

I've also read centruroides genus have dangerous species. What are the more and less dangerous species of this genus?

tks ur all

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been stung by a baby R. junceus and it hurt quite a bit. No idea how the adults sting would be, likely painful but not deadly.

Centruroides is very large genus, so ofcourse some will be more dangerous than others. Centruroides exilicauda in particular is regarded as "medically signficiant" although its likely NOT a danger to healthy adults, while sometihng like hentzi is relatively harmless.

Again, going through each species like this is really irrelevant. If you're keeping ANY buthids, you should be taking every precaution NOT to get stung by them, regardless of some number ranking of their venom.