T enclosure question

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I got an OXO suction container from Target, im thinking of getting a sling. i want add air holes. What is a better way of doing it: drilling the holes or melting holes with a hot ice pick.?

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
These are all I use at the moment... wouldn't recommend melting holes into them. Drill them instead.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=194488

This thread shows how I do it, but Robc brought up the point of buying the 2 inch vent holes from www.Tarantulacages.com and using them instead. Either way IMO would be great. Just DONT melt the holes into it and ruin a good container as they aren't the cheapest around.

Glad you realized how great of a container they are, I'm very pleased with how well they work!

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
These are all I use at the moment... wouldn't recommend melting holes into them. Drill them instead.

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=194488

This thread shows how I do it, but Robc brought up the point of buying the 2 inch vent holes from www.Tarantulacages.com and using them instead. Either way IMO would be great. Just DONT melt the holes into it and ruin a good container as they aren't the cheapest around.

Glad you realized how great of a container they are, I'm very pleased with how well they work!
I use hobby cubes and have only ever melted holes in them.

It really comes down to which you are more comfortable doing, and are more skilled at doing. Are you likely to crack the container when you drill? If so, try soldering. Are you likely to burn too large a hole when you melt? Then try drilling.

spiderslight

Arachnopeon
I use a drummel to drill the holes in my acrylic cubes the best part is the drummel actually moves so fast instead of cutting the cube it is actually melting it so it usually comes out looking nice and neat.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I ended up melting the holes with an ice pick since i didnt want to take the chance and break the container + my tool skills aint the best. I then used a knife to remove the melted plactice around the holes. It ended up looking good, not as good as 20chevy00's but it should do the job