T didn’t finish meal

EBaker

Arachnopeon
So I threw a cricket to my avicularia avicularia about an hour ago. It appeared to be eating, then I noticed it heading out of its web, it dropped the cricket. It then picked up the cricket and threw it out of its web. Any thoughts why that would happen?
Thank you!
EB

Poonjab

Arachnoking
So I threw a cricket to my avicularia avicularia about an hour ago. It appeared to be eating, then I noticed it heading out of its web, it dropped the cricket. It then picked up the cricket and threw it out of its web. Any thoughts why that would happen?
Thank you!
EB
It flipped the cricket over and found out you weren’t feeding it organic.

But in all seriousness, sometimes they just eat what they are content with then discard the rest. I’ve had T’s do this. If there is a scientific reason for this, I’m not sure what it means, but nothing to be alarmed about.

EBaker

Arachnopeon
Ok, thanks for calming my nerves again... it’s all so new to me.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Has it moulted recently? If they fail to moult the sucking stomach properly then this leaves them unable to eat or drink (they'll kill the prey and try to eat it and then eventually they give up and dump it).

I'm not saying it's definitely that (it could just be doing what @Poonjab mentioned above if it hasn't moulted recently and otherwise eats normally) but keep an eye on it to be on the safe side.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thank you!
EB
Ever see a human not finish his/her meal? Why should Ts be any different. Enjoy

Goopyguy56

Arachnoangel
I have seen my c versi do that a few times. I didn't think anything of it. I think it molted a few weeks later.

EBaker

Arachnopeon
It’s my first T and just picked up at a pet store on 3/8. It appears to be an adult or subadult. I don’t know when then last time it molted was, but it has eaten at least 4x since I’ve had it... so I guess it just wasn’t that hungry.