T. cyaneolum male

boina

Lady of the mites
So it seems they do exist :cool:.

A German breeder (Henning from premium-spinnen) bought an immature pair a few years ago. The male matured but pairing with his female didn't work out - he thinks his female was still immature. He therefore sent the male away for a breeding loan, but it got munched immediately by the female... no sac :bigtears:.

Most German breeders do not think breeding this species is all that important, it seems - there's no market for it in Germany, which is strange. Pamphos and Xenesthis and that psychedelic T get all the glory.

Anyway, for a pic of the ill fated male click here: http://premium-spinnen.de/?Galerie&pic=11&page=1

cold blood

Staff member
Thats depressing:sorry:

Not only that the mm got munched, but that its considered low priority...very sad and a little stupid if you ask me.

I dont see how this species isnt a coveted one in Germany.

keks

Arachnobaron
I found an offer in Germany with slings of this species :shy:.

Thats depressing:sorry:

Not only that the mm got munched, but that its considered low priority...very sad and a little stupid if you ask me.

I dont see how this species isnt a coveted one in Germany.
Sometimes I think to breed docile/calm species that have few threatening postures seems to be not the best reputation for the most breederS here. It must be a defensive species, so you are a good breeder.
What a nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:

cold blood

Staff member
Sometimes I think to breed docile/calm species that have few threatening postures seems to be not the best reputation for the most breeder here. It must be a defensive species, so you are a good breeder.
What a nonsense.
and i will tell you exactly why its nonsense....those defensive species are almost always super easy to breed , while often its the more docile species that are harder to breed...much harder oftentimes....most of those defensive spevies could literally be bred by anyone.

Sounds like they just prefer the easy path if you ask me.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
They arent interested because adult females only sell for €40. Shameful way to look at it but it seems thats all most German breeders care about is €€€€€€€:shifty:

cold blood

Staff member
They arent interested because adult females only sell for €40. Shameful way to look at it but it seems thats all most German breeders care about is €€€€€€€:shifty:
But they still breed A. avic/metallica and P.cams/irminia and their costs aren't much different...The common avics may be cheaper...but people know about them, so they're popular...its a popularity contest, and no one knows about cyaneolum...every time the species comes up (and its been a semi-regular topic here the last few years), we see people saying that they never heard of it....people can't want, what they've never heard of...its impossible.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
But they still breed A. avic/metallica and P.cams/irminia and their costs aren't much different...The common avics may be cheaper...but people know about them, so they're popular...its a popularity contest, and no one knows about cyaneolum...every time the species comes up (and its been a semi-regular topic here the last few years), we see people saying that they never heard of it....people can't want, what they've never heard of...its impossible.
Yes there is the odd few that breed the cheaper species regularly. But if you take a look at terraristik classifieds, its easy to see that most German breeders listing there are just breeding pricey species. The prices are still cheap in comparison to stateside.

Anyway. If I can breed these successfully I know they will take off in UK as they are quite popular here and likely Europe will follow suit.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's pretty crappy that such a beautiful species is treat with such an attitude like this.
My female would love a date with a mature male. I get a feeling money will always be an overriding factor with some people

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Alright...you guys know what to do...up the Trixie's popularity and cuteness :)
Anyone suggestions for propaganda? :D

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Alright...you guys know what to do...up the Trixie's popularity and cuteness :)
Anyone suggestions for propaganda? :D
I'd love to volunteer my adult females services and of course mine but sadly I need a mature male. I may be able to help with another Thrixopelma in the future but that's a little way off yet

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I'd love to volunteer my adult females services and of course mine but sadly I need a mature male. I may be able to help with another Thrixopelma in the future but that's a little way off yet
That's okay, I was talking about just propaganda for now. Flyers and stuff, commercials before a football or soccer match perhaps. Or right before the new season of Game of Thrones...
'get your Trixie now, winter is coming...and we don't ship in winter'
:p

cold blood

Staff member
maybe superimpose a cyaneolum pic and info onto all 1, 596,382 care sheets floating around online....its the best beginner species and one you never see on beginner "lists".

I hate these lists, but lets face it, every beginner reads them.:banghead: