T colonies: Theraphosid Park

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
After reading acounts like that about B vagans taking root in Florida, I had an idea. Since T's ,compared to real invasive species, don't have breeding succes
and predatory habits enought to spread and whipe out resident fauna, I wonder if we could use some "already affected but still livable" ecosystem and allow T's of endangered species with original biotop destroyed to colonise small area (islands would be perfect since they can't swim or fly) and survive as a specie outside a terrarium.

Some ecosystems are realy debalanced, and are thus infested with locusts, mice, etc, so adding a predator would be fine for some places.

If I was a millionnaire, that's what I would do. Buy an island and build "Theraphosid Park" on it!!!!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well that sounds like a good plan,
Just like African bee cross breeding sounded good.
And just like cain toads sounded good........
Who knows it might work. :rolleyes:

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
After reading acounts like that about B vagans taking root in Florida, I had an idea. Since T's ,compared to real invasive species, don't have breeding succes
and predatory habits enought to spread and whipe out resident fauna, I wonder if we could use some "already affected but still livable" ecosystem and allow T's of endangered species with original biotop destroyed to colonise small area (islands would be perfect since they can't swim or fly) and survive as a specie outside a terrarium.

Some ecosystems are realy debalanced, and are thus infested with locusts, mice, etc, so adding a predator would be fine for some places. We've already messed up the balance of many ecosystems in the past.

If I was a millionnaire, that's what I would do. Buy an island and build "Theraphosid Park" on it!!!!

Sounds neat, but I don't think us humans should be playing "god" here and putting species where they weren't intended to be.

Plus, they might evolve to fly or swim...:p

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sounds neat, but I don't think us humans should be playing "god" here and putting species where they weren't intended to be.

Plus, they might evolve to fly or swim...:p
I dont know a swimming T might be worth it. A swimming T that could take out sharks....... Molts on the top of the water...... {D

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I dont know a swimming T might be worth it. A swimming T that could take out sharks....... Molts on the top of the water...... {D
Oh man, that thing would be able to take us out if it were capable of taking out sharks.

Alright, I change my vote. THeraphosid Park it is! Let's get some swimming Ts. :rolleyes:

Kagekumo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah it could take out sharks and it would have frickin' lasers on it's chelicerae.

Haven't you guys seen planet of the apes!? Give 'em an island and they'll want the whole world, and I don't want to be the butler of a 5 ft tall killing machine!!

But uh hey lemme know if someone goes through with it;) ;) ;) ;) :eek:

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
so far, messing with ecosystems has not turmed out very well. in some cases, catastrophic.

but hey, maybe a giant shark-eating, man-enslaving t would be worth a try ;)

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
so far, messing with ecosystems has not turmed out very well. in some cases, catastrophic.

but hey, maybe a giant shark-eating, man-enslaving t would be worth a try ;)

Yup, exactly! That's the only way I'd agree to placing Ts on an island.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
;)
Hence my idea of using already messed up envirronement. Unless all original animal and vegetal species are available, it's quite hard to restore the original balance. I would not bother trying to repair the utterly broken. We do have some pristine genuine envirronemental jewels to preserve, in those we should put all of our energy to preserve!

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a question though...if we all like T's would working for them really be slavery? lol... We'd get time off from work during the pre molt, molt, and recovery time.

As long as our master isnt an OBT we'll be fine lol...

If I had to have a tarantula as a boss I want a Avicularia versicolor lol...because I love the bright bluee and if i wanted to goof off i could find him easily and avoid him lol

what species of T's would you other guys/ gals want as your boss?

Azza

Arachnopeon
I'd want H. Lividium as a boss so I only have to see it once or twice a year :p

Azza

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd want one of the dwarf Ts like C.elegans so even if it is bigger, it's still small enough to overpower it.{D

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
P. irminia. She's got the whole biker look. Probably have a pretty cool attitude.

-Sean

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'd take my Grammostola pulchra as a boss. A big beautiful black woman.

dangerprone69

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You could have T. blondis as enforcers . . . kinda like the Hulk in comic books . . . "BLONDI SMASH PUNY CRICKETS!!"

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How do you think tarantulas ended up on islands in the first place?

Søren
Something maybe like continental drifting? I vaguely remember something about that in earth science. But I am not a buff on the subject. I dont even remember what my teacher looked like.