T burrowed after molting

Ayuminell

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone!
My T. Albo molted about 5 days ago for the first time in my possession, and did it like a champ overnight. Everything is fine but tonight I've seen that she burrowed herself during the day, and sealed her entrance. That's the first time she has even went into her hide since I got her.

I know I don't have to worry, she knows what is she doing but I still have a couple questions for you please :geek:

- Should I remove her molt? I didn't do it this far because I didn't want to disturb her, now I can easily take it out.

- Is this usual for a tarantula to bury itself AFTER molting? I've read a lot about them doing it in premolt so Im pretty surprised

coldbl00ded

Arachnosquire
There are some species that do burrow after and/or before a molt

Last edited:

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
If the molt is easily accessible and you want to grab it - go for it. It’s not necessarily weird by any means, they feel more vulnerable and burrowing more is their way of becoming more secure.

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
No problem if you want to take the molt now. It has been plenty long enough from the vulnerable period during molting that you don't need to worry about disturbing the spider.

Ayuminell

Arachnopeon
Thanks for all the replies! That's what I love about tarentulas, you never know what their next plan is :lol:.
But now that I don't see her anymore I'm thinking more and more about having others... You weren't lying about the addicting part of the hobby! :spider:

pongdict

Arachnosquire
Thanks for all the replies! That's what I love about tarentulas, you never know what their next plan is :lol:.
But now that I don't see her anymore I'm thinking more and more about having others... You weren't lying about the addicting part of the hobby! :spider:
Haha. Yeah, hard to keep only one if the only one you have is a pet hole. :D