t blondie malt

gilly2k

Arachnopeon
how soon will the t blonie malt as the abdomen has been black for two days please help

gilly 2k

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My G.pulchra spiderling molted a week after it stopped eating, and my A.geniculata stopped eating when its abdomen turned black and waited at least 10 days beofre it molted. Be patient, blondi's are nutorious for fasting for a long time before molting. I'd expect it to happen within a month for sure, probabaly a couple of weeks. Don't feed it or anything, and make sure all food is out of the cage but make sure a full clean waterdish is always available.

Mark

whoami?

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm not entirely sure. I think it largely depends on the size of your blondi. After my blondi's first molt (2" before moult), it's abdomen was black for almost exactly a week before it molted. The second time I saw it molt, it's abdomen was black for not quite two weeks (a week and five days, approximately).

Jobe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Malt?

Whoa there...check the title for this thread...

For a moment there i thought i ws gonna get a kewl new recipe for a nasty beverage :D

Just jokin ;)
cheers!
-E-

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My smaller blondi has molted 3 times under my care... the first 2 times it ate right up until it molted. The 3rd time it fasted for about a week prior to the molt.

My large ones never stop eating and have not yet molted under my care so I am anxiously awaiting it to see how large my female gets (she is about 8 or 9 inches right now)

Bridget

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Jobe I was thinking the same thing, but was relieved to find out I was wrong :p