t.blondi

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
is a 20 gallon tank too big for a 3 inch t blondi
and also how much should i mist in a cage that size
right now i have her in a 10 gal tank with a water dish and she seems to be pretty happy. she stays in her hut most of the time

Johnny_27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
is a 20 gallon tank too big for a 3 inch t blondi
and also how much should i mist in a cage that size
right now i have her in a 10 gal tank with a water dish and she seems to be pretty happy. she stays in her hut most of the time
personally i think its overkill but i think other people will disagree. I have an 8" adult in a 10 gal and she is perfectly happy. A spider that size I would keep in a 12" delicup until it was around 5 inches, then id move it to the 10 or 20 if you like.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would stick with the 10g, I personally think a 10g is even good enough for a HUGE adult blondi; 9 inches+. Plus I think 10g at 3inches is a little on the big side to begin with, 20g might be an overdue and it can result in the spider not finding food if it's that small in a big cage. I would stick with the 10g since it's settled and due to the size of the tank you would not need to rehouse at all even in adult stages.:D

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Stick with the 10 Gal untill it's about 5 inches and then move it to the 20 gal. The 10 will work just fine but what else are you going to put in the 20. The 20 will give here a little more stretching room anyway. Don't go any bigger though.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You can keep an adult in a ten gallon tank just fine. I actually am keeping some nearly full grown females in 20 qt sweater boxes with no problems. You can keep a 3" juvie in a ten gallon, this is overkill though. Be sure this species has no room to fall, they do not do well dropping from any distance. They also seem to do better with higher humidity so keep this in mind when choosing an enclosure.

CrypticRealism

Arachnopeon
Well..does she seem very active??...I also plan on keeping my T in a 10 gallon once it grows to an adult

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
id say the 20 gal. would make her quite happy...but it wouldnt be necessary if you are trying to save space.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
should i mist her daily or is this too much?
i have a pretty large water dish in ther already

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I wouldn't mist at all. I'd just overflow the water dish once or twice a week. Enough so the substrate is damp, not wet. Once every couple of months you can let the tank dry out a little to help prevent mites.

arachnocat

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I keep my T. blondi in a 20 gallon. She likes to wander so she definitely makes use of the space. She's about 8".
My 7.5" l parahybana is in a 10 gallon but she rarely leaves her log so she seems happy in that size tank. I'm not sure all blondi's are as active as mine.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just remember, like others have said: if the distance between dirt and ceiling is more than the spider's legspan, it could die. This species is even more prone to dying if they fall than others, which is saying a lot.

How much substrate will it take for you to pile it high enough for a 3-inch spider across a whole 20g?

Answer: none, because you're going to house it in something smaller as opposed to wasting that much dirt, I hope. ;)

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeh i think i'll keep it in the 10 gal tank for now
she seems to be happy

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I keep my T. blondi in a 20 gallon. She likes to wander so she definitely makes use of the space. She's about 8".
My 7.5" l parahybana is in a 10 gallon but she rarely leaves her log so she seems happy in that size tank. I'm not sure all blondi's are as active as mine.
same here...my L. Parahybana isnt quite as big...shes 6.5" but shes in a 10 and doenst even use that much.

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just remember, like others have said: if the distance between dirt and ceiling is more than the spider's legspan, it could die. This species is even more prone to dying if they fall than others, which is saying a lot.

How much substrate will it take for you to pile it high enough for a 3-inch spider across a whole 20g?

Answer: none, because you're going to house it in something smaller as opposed to wasting that much dirt, I hope. ;)
just curious to know...does anyone really have a problem with this happening? happening= T's climbing then falling an injuring themselves. if so..what kinda T is more prone to doing this?