T. blondi

arachnobint

Arachnopeon
hey i recently joined and i have a sick T.blondi, her leg is broken in two places and shes pretty sluggish at the moment. wondering if anybody has insight on the subject? will provide more information when asked.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Post pictures please. Is she bleeding? Can you post pics of the enclosure as well?

arachnobint

Arachnopeon
no open wounds like just dried blood around 2 of the joints, i cant post pictures at the moment, but her enclosure is about 18x12x8 roughly, other than the bad leg i cant figure out what is wrong she went off her food about a month ago and when she was wandering around noticed the injuries to her leg. and im using mostly Vermiculite because it keeps the humidity high for ages.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That tends to happen sometimes. They are large and leggy and the metatarsus in the last pair of legs are really thin.
They tend to have some problems, specially when WC.

She should be fine.Next molt should take care of it.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Try to put some softer substrate for her.

arachnobint

Arachnopeon
i was thinking she would be fine and ya cant help but worry and i couldnt find any similar problems, dunno about not eating though all my other T's never really fast before they molt they always surprise me. cheers mayte

Mez

Arachnoknight
Stick a good few inches of moist coco-fibre or coir on top of the vermiculate if you want to use it for humidity, your Theraphosa will be grateful mate.
Can I ask where you got it from and what size is it?

Unravel

Arachnosquire
i wish they were available as slings from a breeder... its either LPS or wild caught :/

Fran did you ever get any successful pairings (of Stirmi not blondi)?

Mez

Arachnoknight
Has it got hairs on its knees? Very rare to find true T. blondii in a shop here, most likely a wild caught T. stirmi which lack the hair on the patella.

arachnobint

Arachnopeon
yeah its a stirmi, shes got a lot of stuff wrong with her bin totally different in her disposition recently