T.blondi Threat Display and Feeding

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Hey mates,

I shot a video of my T.blondi showing a nice threat display, then eating an adult female Shellfordella lateralis roach.

Here it is (watch in HD):

[youtube]dExiCxTfb64[/youtube]

Watch closely, after she gets the roach, she webs the entrance of her hide a bit for some reason. Later when I stopped filming, she dropped the half digested roach on the webbing but picked it up again within a minute or so. She normally does not even use the hide so I have no idea for the reason of this behavior.

Anyway, I hope you like the video.

Armstrong5

Arachnosquire
if shes not using her hide try puting some black paper on the outside of the tank to make it dark inside the hide and she will probably start using it that way she fills safer

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
if shes not using her hide try puting some black paper on the outside of the tank to make it dark inside the hide and she will probably start using it that way she fills safer
Her enclosure is quite dark in general, when I am not shining a light through it. All my Ts are stacked in shelves and not much light goes there so I think she already feels safe and that`s why she does not use the hide very often.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
For the Theraphosa spp. a good deep den is very important so it would be a good idea to change that setup. Make a big hard hill and then dig a burrow in it.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
For the Theraphosa spp. a good deep den is very important so it would be a good idea to change that setup. Make a big hard hill and then dig a burrow in it.
I improved her hide, it resembles more of a den now.

Here are a couple pictures of her. She is coming closer to her next molting cycle and looks much more like a T.blondi. She takes down adult B.dubia without an effort.

Angry:

Calm:

I have never thought that I would love a lady with hairy legs. :D

Last edited: