T.Blondi Sprung a Leak?!?

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I came back to my apartment this evening and took a gander at My T.Blondi (F) And noticed that it looks like her legs are leaking, I snapped a couple pix but it might be kinda hard to see...What would cause this?? I Dont Mess with this T~ she's not one of my NICER tarantulas, so I have no idea....

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i've heard of slight hemolymph "weeping" around molting time (especially at the joints), but your girl doesn't appear to be in premolt (though i can't see her rump clearly).

try sprinkling some fine substrate on her knees, or using cornstarch. it doesn't appear life threatening, but it may ease your mind until someone else can give you a better answer. :)

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow how many joints are leaking SouthernStyle? I can see 3 or 4 from the pic that look like they are. lots of ppl with blondi problems these days!

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thats a shame, she looks like a big girl.. could it be old age?
Not humid enough per chance? just thiking of possiblilties.
I really hope it resolves itself and doesnt get worse

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She's pretty big for sure, And I can't say that She doesnt have enough humidity....It's about at 80% in her enclosure...I've not seen this before so I really dont know what to say about it honestly...Other than she SEEMS to be doing ok...

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wouldnt have thought it was humidity then, others have kept theirs at less. I keep mine around 80% too with no probs with any of my Theraphosas..touch wood..
Has she exerted herself maybe? pushed with her leg a bit too hard and ruptured the intersegmental membrane? just ideas really.
I think thers a high chance it will sort out at the molt.
What diet has she been on? any inverts? how many over how long?

SouthernStyle

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She's Been pretty steady on The B.Dubai Roaches, Without too many issues..I DOUBT she's Exerted herself at all to be honest, So I'm kinda hoping that you're right about the molt. She Gets about 5-7 Large Roaches Every Week and Happily munches them down without too many problems....Just Going to keep my fingers Crossed I think

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
I see 4 spots that appear to be leaking. If they continue to leak, there are things you can do to stop it. I stopped a similar type of leak with super glue on a large C. crawshayi. She has molted twice since then.
I'd try the substrate, or corn starch sprinkle first though.
She could have taken a fall while you weren't there. It doesn't take much on the heavier bodied T's.
Good luck to you,
Scott