T. Blondi rescue mission

Neophyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I went over to my local reptile shop (which happens to take pretty decent care of their animals, finally!) to buy some crickets and mice (mice for the snakes). Anyways, the owner showed me a female T. Blondi he had acquired from one of his clients. Seems the guy purchased it, didn't know how to care for it and proceeded to overfeed it to a point where the T got obese.

Ok so she's fat, it's pretty bad but it's nothing incredibly extreme. The problem is she's very sluggish and seems to be having a hard time holding herself up. A few of her legs are bleeding at the joints as well. She's still got some fight in her as she is managing to very slowly kick hairs and is not in a death curl.

I'm worried because I believe she's due for a molt, and am not sure she will make it through. I have provided her with a decent sized tank and proper humidity as well as a hide. I don't want to do anythign about the bleeding joints in fear that it would make the moult even more difficult. If anyone has suggestions as to what I can do to bring her any closer to a proper moult it would be appreciated.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Increase the heat.. Up the humidity... Keep her well hydrated..

Best of luck.. Pictures?

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Give her a deep burrow and leave her alone, stress can be harmful.:)

Good luck with it.

Neophyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, the photos don't exactly emphasize the issue, but whatever, it gives you an idea. Notice the bleeding joints, I believe she was dripping from 3 or 4 different places.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
What you have is the Theraphosa sp. "Burgundy" commonly sold as T. blondi.

I think she will be fine, good luck.

Neophyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hope she will be fine, and camera flash doesn't automatically turn a T. Blondi into Theraphosa sp. "Burgundy"

LisaD

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
"I stand corrected" means poster acknowledges that you are correct and accepts the correction you provided. :)

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
"I stand corrected" means poster acknowledges that you are correct and accepts the correction you provided. :)
Wow i learned something:clap: gonna celebrate that with sneeking off and take an hour of nap time during work

MIC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow i learned something:clap: gonna celebrate that with sneeking off and take an hour of nap time during work
You are going to learn more today. Not 'sneeking' but 'sneaking' {D

Consider this as an attempt for us, who we are non native speakers of english, to help each other.