T. blondi questions.

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey guys,

About 3 months ago I began working at a local petstore (again, actually) and was surprised to see that one of the T's that was instore was a T. blondi that seemed to have had some very, very horrid leg damage that, in my eyes, was due to being kept in a setup that didn't meet the T's requirements. One back leg was completely missing, and the other had some serious damage to it. The blondi didn't even move when I took it from it's previous enclosure to the backroom.

I was hellbent on keeping it there until it shed. Low and behold, this friday (roughly two months later) the critter did just that. The missing leg has grown back complelely, very thin and skeletal, but there nonetheless! The other back leg (one that had the wounds) looks to be healed, but when the T tries to move it seems very, very stiff, almost non-moving for lack of a better word. Is this a normal occurence for a T that had been in such bad shape prior to shedding? If so, will the movement on the leg ever revert back to normal?

I've already decided that I'm going to be buying the T (I know a sympathy buy isn't the way to go, but I refuse to let this happen again) so was just wondering if I could get a few responses regarding the Tarantula and it's movements after shedding.

I hope this post is understandable, and I do appreciate the info.

jamesc

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It might be pretty stressed out from the bad conditions before. Maybe it was being kept too dry or it was bounced around and stressed out a bit. My advice is to get it into the right conditions as soon as you can and into a dark quiet place. Humidity should be on the higher side with a water dish and hide. I wouldn't feed for a few days after rehousing as with any.

demode

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The leg damage is almost 100% from pacing in search of a better home. When they are unhappy they walk and walk and walk and if u cant get anywhere.. climb and if u climb u can fall and break a leg. I've had that happen when I started with my blondi.