t.blondi question.

bloodred1889

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok i keep seeing people saying this is the real deal when talking about a new t.blondi they bought.. what does this mean?
and what does cbb mean, someone said they have bought a cbb t blondi.

there are two very large t.blondis in my local reptile shop for sale.
one is £99
the other slightly larger is £119

they are wild caught.
i know blondies are hard to care for and have trouble molting alot.
and what are your thoughts on wild caught specimens anyway.
i know they can come with infestations and mayb even be pregnant.

so yeah i know they come with problems.

im asking because ive always kinda wanted one.
and i think for the size £99 isnt bad, plus they dont normally have them in stock, so im thinking if im ever gonna buy one for my collection maybe this is the time.

opinions?
id really like your thoughts as i consider most of you on here the leading athorities on this kind of question.
and i find what you have to say valuable and i listen.

so yeah this is simple what ya think post.

thanks guys, i know i yap yap yap alot :p

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ok i keep seeing people saying this is the real deal when talking about a new t.blondi they bought.. what does this mean?
and what does cbb mean, someone said they have bought a cbb t blondi.
Captive bred

there are two very large t.blondis in my local reptile shop for sale.
one is £99
the other slightly larger is £119
they are wild caught.
I think those prices are still a little steep, try looking on the RFUK classified threads there are often some adult specimens on there cheaper. Also Id recommend getting a captive bred Theraphosa firstly because the way they are collected in the wild is quite nasty (many are gassed out there burrows) and secondly some WC specimens find it hard to adapt to life in captivity.
Also you have to bare in mind that the ones they are selling are most likely Theraphosa sp. "Burgundy"

i know blondies are hard to care for and have trouble molting alot.
and what are your thoughts on wild caught specimens anyway.
i know they can come with infestations and mayb even be pregnant.
so yeah i know they come with problems.
As long as you keep them correctly then they shouldn't have a problem (23-27°C at 80% humidity) also I wouldn't bother feeding them vertebrates as the calcium from eating such things can lead to the moulting problems

im asking because ive always kinda wanted one.
and i think for the size £99 isnt bad, plus they dont normally have them in stock, so im thinking if im ever gonna buy one for my collection maybe this is the time.
opinions?
£99 isn't too bad although I saw someone selling an adult on RFUK with a tank for £60.....

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
CBB means captive bred born.
CB means captive born.
WC means wild caught.

There are more you may see but I do not think the others would apply to Tarantulas.
Ohh.....

Over here in old Blighty we dont use the term CBB and CB stands for Captive Bred.

;)

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ohh.....

Over here in old Blighty we dont use the term CBB and CB stands for Captive Bred.

;)
Most people use CB as Captive Bred. I like for people to specify usually. Captive Bred and Captive Born are two totally different things in the Herp hobby, I am not sure if there is too much of a difference with the two in the invert hobby. I try to only buy Captive bred usually anyways.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
i buy from like 3-4 importers/breeders and all of their coding is consistent with

CB - captive born, WC - wild caught, CR - Captive Raised (from imported Gravid female)