T. Blondi problems…

blofeld455

Arachnopeon
Hello guys, my young Blondi has lost a leg because of that crappy exoterra top… do you think she will regrow it? 😩

Other question, its not a problem but why has my blondi not a single web in her hide?
I watched many T videos on youtube and all of them have webs but mine just dont want to web… Can you guys help me with that?

Thank you!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Gilligan

Arachnosquire
Hello! She will regrow the leg when she molts next. The lack of webbing isn't an issue at all. Was she recently rehoused? Some tarantulas take awhile to settle into their new homes. I have some tarantulas that just don't web either, it's not anything to be concerned about.
Also you should replace the mesh of the lid to prevent more leg injurys in the future.

Last edited:

Liquifin

Arachnoking
A lost leg will regenerate during its next molt, so it'll be fine. As for not webbing, it'll take time for it to settle if it's recently rehoused. Overall, nothing too much to worry about besides its current enclosure that caused it the leg injury. Is it still in that enclosure? Or has it been changed into a different enclosure?

cold blood

Staff member
you have a heavy bodied terrestrial housed in an arboreal enclosure that's just not appropriate for it....its dangerous on many levels...re-house it in a terrestrial set up and be happy that a missing leg was all that happened.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hello guys, my young Blondi has lost a leg because of that crappy exoterra top… do you think she will regrow it? 😩

Other question, its not a problem but why has my blondi not a single web in her hide?
I watched many T videos on youtube and all of them have webs but mine just dont want to web… Can you guys help me with that?

Thank you!
ExoTerra- let’s see a pic

Helps to know a bit about the animal in YOUR care- read up

esa space station

Arachnoknight

Thank you!
What I would do is bugger the exo terra screen off as heat travels upwards so does the humid air.I would replace it with Perspex /acrylic sheet 3-5 mm thick with some air holes drilled through/say around 15-25 percent of total surface area.Also the blondi hasn't webbed in if it's a new tank it will take time.If the the soil is kept moist not to damp around burrow entrance/area.you can also acquire some nice natural live moss online/carpet moss/frog moss etc.this when wet around the burrow will make it look more natural and help keep the humidity at ground level where it's needed.

Gilligan

Arachnosquire
Humidity isn't needed, it's substrate moisture. Too much humidity and not enough airflow can kill or harm the spider.

Last edited: