T blondi prices

razor244

Arachnopeon
hey so there is a LPS that has reptiles/ T's .they have quite a few T blondi's from 5-6+ inchs @ 175$ i was wondering if thats a decent price or a bit expensive .

bholmes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
More than likely it they are Theraphosa sp. burgundy, not a true T. blondi. As for price that is rather expensive compared to what you can get one for off the for sale section.

psykoink

Arachnopeon
hey so there is a LPS that has reptiles/ T's .they have quite a few T blondi's from 5-6+ inchs @ 175$ i was wondering if thats a decent price or a bit expensive .
Actually, I know exactly which reptile store you are referring to as I am really good friends with the owner and the other guys that work there. They are absolutely Theraphosa sp. "burgandy". They are fairly large but far from full grown and they are crazy hair kickers as I had the pleasure of taking pictures of all of them just after they arrived.

Chris

razor244

Arachnopeon
Actually, I know exactly which reptile store you are referring to as I am really good friends with the owner and the other guys that work there. They are absolutely Theraphosa sp. "burgandy". They are fairly large but far from full grown and they are crazy hair kickers as I had the pleasure of taking pictures of all of them just after they arrived.

Chris
very cool, i havent been there in over a month, i stoped in when i was looking into getting my first T. i just remembered seeing Goliath bird eater.

Bazzgazm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just remember this. A tarantula online with a single specimen being shipped gets expensive. for LAG you can expect 25-35$
PLUS.
Sometimes, depending on your zip, getting it next day might be no fun for you.

Your local petstore has some room to work with on that 175 price.. i bet if you went with 125$ Cash he'd be happy.
I paid 80$ at the Lps for mine at nearly 8" legspan.

My theraphosa is a very chill specimen... kicks slightly but the hairs don't bother me.. the problem i have is she's far to big to be walking hand to hand. so she instantly feels unsafe and scurries off...

I'd say offer them a bit less and go from there.. i am willing to bet they pay 40-45$ for wc specimens, and possibly a bit more for larger ones... and at 80$ he was happy to turn it over in 1 day and not have to worry about it perishing to poor tarantula conditions.

razor244

Arachnopeon
after thinking about it i think ill just wait until the reptile expo. its only 8 days away now . it has been very slowly approaching haha. i can probably pick up a few different specimens and save a couple bucks while im there.