T. Blondi on back!!!!!

Marilyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, everybody,
bad news:( :(

Biggie did not make it.

she tried and you coud tell she was trying to stand up all the time, and fix her self up,.

i just got back now, to see there is no sign of life :(
she is just curled up, not even making a single 'hiss', to say i'm fine..
am abt upset, coz she was my big girl, but i tired the best i could,,but still think to myself, is there any other thing i could have done better to help her?

so yeah, thanx to all that helped, its a shame she did not make it all the way :( , but atleast we tried our best..

so thanks again to all that helped.

-Marilyn

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I'm sorry for your loss.
How big was she? Was she possibly old and it was just her time?

Wish_mastera

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry for your loss:(
Lorgakor: I havent seen T, that was died from age. Especially that T was a famale. Its just no way.

Johnny_27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ya know u did the best you could, at least you tried. And its a good thing you posted the vid or else we probably never woulda figured out what it was and she would have struggled and died like that.

Sorry for da loss tho :(

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
I'm sorry I don't understand what you are saying. Just because it is a female doesn't mean it can't die of old age. She hasn't said how long she had it, she could have purchased it while it was already an adult. Of course I may be wrong but it was just a thought.

Wish_mastera

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She was 8". Far away from adult size. I dont think at 8" could die from old age. Of course could be wrong. Just doesnt sound real for me.

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I hope more research can get conducted into Dyskinetic syndrome. that things real nasty.
I just hope for my own collection, it looks really harsh for the T

Marilyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I hope more research can get conducted into Dyskinetic syndrome. that things real nasty.
I just hope for my own collection, it looks really harsh for the T

lets just say it's not a nice sight to see..

the way that it frst started was with these crazy spasms, involving extreme hising noise, kicking and movine in an oscillating motion.
She became very violent to changes of light no, eg light on, then turning it back off,..

it's the worst thing to have to sit there and not be able to help the poor T

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I can understand , just watching the video makes me feel such deep sympathy for the tarantula, it actually unsettles me lots.
I am strongly agains euthenising an animal that cant express its feelings*Unlike humans that can talk... but thats another thing lol*, but with this, i think its probably the only time i could feel justified.
I will have nightmares about this, haha joke, but worries me enough!

Does anyone know even the most approximate statistics as to how many in the captive poulation end up with DKS?
And even less liekly any one know percentage within wild populations?

Most of all problems with captive pets is the dietary requirements of the animal. i was just incurring a possibility of maybe some kind of toxin buildup that damages the gangleon *T's sinlge ganglion brain*

And is it more prominant with certain species?
long shot but gotta ask.

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One quick question, what was the temperature You used to kept Your Theraphosa? Does any accidental raising of the temperature happens during last time?
And another one - how soon after the molt You used to fed this spider?

My condolence ;(

Marilyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
One quick question, what was the temperature You used to kept Your Theraphosa? Does any accidental raising of the temperature happens during last time?
And another one - how soon after the molt You used to fed this spider?

My condolence ;(
temp was all ok,

fed her 2 weeks after the molt

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello Marilyn!

What do You consider an o.k. temp for Th. blondi?
You just mention she is big, but not give the exact data...

If she was adult size or so feeding her just 2 weeks after a molt with the mice was the actual reson of the death.
Maybe, if You fed her with roaches or other insects in small quantaties she was survived, but the mice is very hard for any tarantula to digested... and theraphosa known to die in such cases...
Sorry... this not of the big help unfortunately, but for the further.