T. Blondi - New skin - New attitude !

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi all , the T. Blondi Juvie I bought about 7 weeks ago has moulted a few days back. Nearly doubled in size and width !
Also I have noticed that along with more hairs and more of a presence it has gained a lairy attitude. It's probably in contrast to the pre-moult behaviour but it now seems a lot more aggressive. I haven't fed it yet, but I misted the enclosure this morning and the Juvie charged me several times, even though the spray was nowhere near it's personal space!
Quite cool really !
Anyone had similar?

:worship:

Last edited:

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've had several agressive and semi agressive spiders change attitudes with skin. Before his last moult my male A. genic had no problem with me doing cage maintenance and would climb over my hand, after he moulted he changed. Now when I do cage maintenance he runs into the far corner of his tank and raises his abdomen, ready to kick. He hasn't kicked, but he threatens, he also strikes at the water when I refill his dish. My male B. boemei went from not caring what I did to kicking at the slightest movement in his tank. My blondi also got much more skittish and nervous with the last two moults, she was much calmer as a small T. I've had some go the other way too. My B. albo was nuts as a sling, it was a tough time feeding her. Trying to get a cricket in her deli cup before she could get out. Now she is a 3 1/2 inch juvie and very calm. My B. vagans was spazzy as a sling as well, and has settled a litte, but she still teleports onto her crickets. I think its normal, most animals and people change as they grow.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
water

I have seen some Ts react this way to pouring/ misting water. They may think the drops are prey.

Dilbrain

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Before and after pics :)

Before

After

My Other Blondi, moulted 4 weeks ago, he's about 8 inches.