T. Blondi named Cleo

geo935

Arachnopeon
Hey
My T. blondi has been acting very strange the last day or so. yesterday she was very slow and my wife found her laying in her water dish. She removed the dish and put in a smaller dish. ( I was at work and she was afraid Cleo would drown)
Anyway today she is moving much faster but hanging around her dish. The is liquid dripping from her knees on the rear legs. Is it possible she is beginning to Molt. She has not molted yet in almost a year.
One thought I had but it is just a guess. Last week we bought new furniture so I sprayed it with scotch guard and the smell was pretty strong. I was thing now that maybe the fumes from the spray got into her tank and settled at the bottom. What say you?
I hope she is ok.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Liquid from the joints is common when there is a molt that is coming and is past due. I have had a few molts start that way. Make sure you dont bother her any more then you have to. Maybe move her somewhere dark just for today. Check on her once and a while but I bet shes going to molt here in the next few days, if not tonight.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
What's scotch guard?

It's unlikely for a T to drown (unless the water has soap in it). They are more likely to asphyxiate if the booklungs (located on the underside of the abdomen) stay covered with water for too long (I'm guessing for some odd hour). If the mouth or carpace only is submerged in water then nothing can happen.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Its this stuff that you spray from a can that soaks into your furniture like your sofa and when it sets and drys it protects against stains and such. Makes it so if something is spilled it does not set in the fabric while its being cleaned.

geo935

Arachnopeon
the liquid from her joints is clear.
Thanks for the help. I will post pics later. Cleo is doing fine.