t.blondi molting?

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
hey all. my T.blondi has stopped eating and her bald patch has grown a dark reddish hue. pre-molt i know, but for some reason she has also become very active. shes climbing everywhere, and i caught her last night at the top of the cage. this is unusual for her and she has just started doing it within the last couple days. anyone know if it is just part of pre-molt stress. hehehe pms. i know its not a male searching for a mate cause ive never seen evidence of a sperm web. anyway your answers are appreciated.

Arachniphile

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
anyone know if it is just part of pre-molt stress. hehehe pms.

lol.. PMS... Good one.. :)

I have noticed this some of my Ts as well.... like they went on walk-about.. Those of mine either make a new hide or spend a great deal of time moving subtrate to and fro.... I wonder if in the wild, when the molting process begins if a T won't go looking for a new place to make a hide and molt. One more practical for the size it will become...

Or... if left unmolested will a T live out it's life in the same burrow, enlarging and widening as it grows?

These are things I think on... lol

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Lycanthrope
hey all. my T.blondi has stopped eating and her bald patch has grown a dark reddish hue. pre-molt i know, but for some reason she has also become very active. shes climbing everywhere, and i caught her last night at the top of the cage. this is unusual for her and she has just started doing it within the last couple days. anyone know if it is just part of pre-molt stress. hehehe pms. i know its not a male searching for a mate cause ive never seen evidence of a sperm web. anyway your answers are appreciated.
How's the humidity and temps going? In this species natural habitat the humidites are ranging 60%-90% with temps ranging from 65F at night to 85F during the day. Just figured I would toss that in. What type of substrate do you use?
Best of luck with your T. blondi! :)

Paul

Lycanthrope

Arachnolord
Old Timer
How's the humidity and temps going? In this species natural habitat the humidites are ranging 60%-90% with temps ranging from 65F at night to 85F during the day. Just figured I would toss that in. What type of substrate do you use?

the humdity stays between 85-90% at all times, temp ranging from 75f at night to 80f in the day time. i use a digital temp/humidity gauge to make sure as well as keep records of the low ranges. my substrate consists of 2/3 peat to 1/3 vermiculite, about 6" deep.

I have noticed this some of my Ts as well.... like they went on walk-about.. Those of mine either make a new hide or spend a great deal of time moving subtrate to and fro.... I wonder if in the wild, when the molting process begins if a T won't go looking for a new place to make a hide and molt. One more practical for the size it will become...
that maybe a possibility. she stands at about 6.5" right now. her hide is a half burried large flower pot which is about 7" across the opening. maybe she is about to outgrow it:eek: . her abdomen is HUGE thats why the climbing bothers me. im afraid shell rupture in a fall. guess i could put the ole vaseline to use. thanks guys.;P