T. blondi molt

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My T. blondi molted last night! It added some size and looks great, though its coloring is darker than before. This is especially exciting since my other T. blondi died recently due to petsitter negligence.

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

Good luck with your blondi. Maybe when it gets huge you can supply us with a picture that is a good indication of its size. Most pictures are just the T, and there is nothing to compare it to for relative size. Id love to see a 13" spider sitting next to a barbie or a sword.

-V

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wish I had pictures of the adult female I used to own, she was enormous! I ended up taking her down to the local baitshop to show her off because the owner asked why I was always in there buying maggots and other grubs. When I told him I owned tarantulas, he kind of scoffed at me and dared me to bring one in and show him. The next time I went in, I set the plastic box with her in it down next to the measuring bar on the counter and the owner of the shop nearly swallowed his dentures.

I got a fairly accurate measurement of my t (12.5"), he got pictures and called all of his cronies down to the shop to look at "the spider from hell." He also gave me my feeders for free that day.

Vayu Son

Old Timer
><

That is truly an awesome size. "ive moved from fuzzy mice to large rabbits".

-V

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Galeogirl,
What happened, or where is that monster T now?
Has it gone to that happy hunting ground?

E

galeogirl

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When I got divorced a few years back I had to sell almost all of my pets, including Malice, the T. blondi. I'm just starting to rebuild my collection now.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My T Blondi grew very rapidly molting three times in a year and it was an adult female. Is this abnormal?

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
what was this blondis diet that cause it to grow so big???

mike