T. blondi male... Mature?

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
He is somewhere around two years old, but his palps look like he's matured. I'm looking for opinions of those who may know.

More pictures are coming... hang with me for a couple of minutes.

Botar

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Judging from the first palp pic I would say yes he is mature. I could see the shine of the bulp at the end of his palp.

Too bad these guys don't get spurs too because I find those are a lot easier to look at from a distance.

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If I identify that correctly I see a bulp on the thrid shot. I guess it is mature.
Other guesses...?

Last edited:

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Chris and Pyrdacor,

That's what it looks like to me too. I can see the bulb on the end of the palp. It just shocks me that he's matured so soon. I also expected him to get larger. That expectation is not from experience though... this was my first blondi.

Botar

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by shmidti
That is definatly a mature male blonde.
Yep, in the last photo the cymbium are clearly visible. This is the last appendage on the palps that looks club shaped. It's the piece of anatomy that the palpal bulbs are attached to, they only turn up on ultimate males.

Go breed that sucker!

Steve

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm working on that. Trying to determine if I want to send him off or purchase a female. I've got a trusted friend from the site that I'm working with on this adventure. He'd put in dibs on my male a few months back, but he's got a male maturing for his fems. I know there is no shortage of people willing to take a mature male. So we'll see what happens.

Botar