T blondi making a sack...pics...

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Botar Check it out buddy. :) Still a long way to go before getting truly cranked up but I would definately call this a good sign. I for sure won't be bothering her to get any sized on a ruler pics for a while now. Now if they will only wind up being good and she'll go a while without eating them. Cross your fingers man and perhaps we can get some babies to your daughter after all.

Phil

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
SUHweet!!
Great Phil!
Here's crossing all my crossables for you and Emma!
Peace,
Gillian

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is awesome Phil. I'm pumped... I'll wait a while to tell Emma though. I don't want to include her in the counting of the eggs before they hatch. Keep us posted.

Botar

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congratulations Phil.. :) And good luck!!! :D
By the way, great pics... :eek:

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Phil,
Awesome! We could always use more T. blondi.
john

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Congratulations Phil!!! We always need a few hundred more of these "little" critters running around

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hey

Cool. good luck with the sac
more T.blondies = a better world
have anice day and good luck phil
geo

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sounds about right Tony.

Haven't heard of more than 75 myself but I sure wouldn't mind more. :) The again I'll just be happy if they hatch at all. So far things are looking good though as I got home from the reptile show and found a big ol sack was made.

Phil

Diao

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congratulations to both Phil and Charles! Is this the Theraphosa breeding that you told me about at the show today, Botar?

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
aaaarrrrgggghhh........

Damn bad luck strikes again. I don't know what possesed me to check on my stuff at 3ish the morning but when I did she was already munching on her just laid sack. I attempted to take it from her but it was already gone. Good thing you didn't tell Emma yet. :) The part that really sucks is that I know conditions were right and she hasn't been disturbed so I can only imagine either the sack was infertile and she knew it or she just couldn't get it rolled up the way she wanted it since she struggled with getting it rolled up tight. Anyway I found no eggs in the destroyed piece of sack I managed to pry away from her so no slings this go round. Times like this truly make me question why I put so much effort into Ts when getting fertile sacks is such a crap shoot. If I could get a fraction of the production out of them that I get from snakes I'd be up to my ears in slings. Oh well just one of those things that you can't do anything about I guess. And no I'm not giving up on Ts folks just getting tired of similar incidents and realizing more and more why I still dig snakes. The bright side would be it tells me that the decision to increase the colubrids is indeed the direction my money needs to be going. After all I have tons of Ts to work with and no real sense increasing the breeders of them when I can increase the snakes and know for a fact that eggs are coming.

Phil

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Phillip, I am so sorry about that. I am sorry for you and Botar and Emma. But like you told me, it is a 50/50 shot you will get anything at all. I am sure you are doing all the right things. It is the spiders that aren't cooperating. Anyway don't get to frustrated, maybe next time. Keep your chin up, Pam

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Phillip,

Don't sweat it... that's just how it works.

Diao,

Yep, that was the one. Looks like we'll have to wait for another shot at it.

Botar

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know that's the way it goes...

It just slays me that she ate the damn thing not 24 hours after laying it. That's a new one on me. But yeah I know that's what happens sometimes it just sucks when it does. lol

Phil

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Sorry about the lost egg sac. How long after the mating took place did she make that sac ?

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: aaaarrrrgggghhh........

Originally posted by Phillip
Damn bad luck strikes again. I don't know what possesed me to check on my stuff at 3ish the morning but when I did she was already munching on her just laid sack. I attempted to take it from her but it was already gone. Good thing you didn't tell Emma yet. :) The part that really sucks is that I know conditions were right and she hasn't been disturbed so I can only imagine either the sack was infertile and she knew it or she just couldn't get it rolled up the way she wanted it since she struggled with getting it rolled up tight. Anyway I found no eggs in the destroyed piece of sack I managed to pry away from her so no slings this go round. Times like this truly make me question why I put so much effort into Ts when getting fertile sacks is such a crap shoot. If I could get a fraction of the production out of them that I get from snakes I'd be up to my ears in slings. Oh well just one of those things that you can't do anything about I guess. And no I'm not giving up on Ts folks just getting tired of similar incidents and realizing more and more why I still dig snakes. The bright side would be it tells me that the decision to increase the colubrids is indeed the direction my money needs to be going. After all I have tons of Ts to work with and no real sense increasing the breeders of them when I can increase the snakes and know for a fact that eggs are coming.

Phil
sorry to hear about the egg sack loss, Phil. I think it was John Hoke that said about 10 or 15% of all matings end up with successfully hatching spiderlings.
Ed

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
when they mated...

3/13/03 was the 1st mating they had. There were also a few times afte that but on the 1st one she was very recpetive which is very unlike her.

And yes Ed I know that not many matings actually go all the way through. :) Hell if I got a sack for every mating or for that matter if every sack hatched I would have more slings than I'd be able to get rid of. As I have repeatedly said in the past getting Ts to mate or produce a sack is a totally different thing from getting it to hatch. The actual mating is a piece of cake where getting a sack seems to mainly require a well fed happy female with little disturbance. When it comes to getting them to hatch though it seems that there is quite a bit of luck involved which is the part that more often than not seems to burn me. lol This one sucked but it didn't sting as bad as the smithi eating them a week before they were to be pulled. That one hurt.

Phil