T.blondi Finally Molted! A little help with the sexing please.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Hey Guys,

My T.blondi "sling" finally molted after a month of premolt and it looks much bigger. Here is the molted exuvium, what do you think?

Ps: Pictures were taken with an Iphone 4G, the best I can do with it are these.

James Quinton

Arachnosquire
Im going to say you have a female there, what size is the moly? The flap looks quite small but going with the fact that there is a flap there is why im going to risk saying its female.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
I am very bad with measuring Tarantulas but the body of the spider from spinnerets to the celicerae was around 6-7cm or so long.

Here is the exuvium next to a triple A battery.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
It's a female.

Energizer blondi keeps going and going and going and going and going...

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
This was 3.5 months ago and now she is on her back again. A theraphosa molt is always stressful. Hope she will be OK.

She is gonna get big! :)

LV-426

Arachnobaron
This was 3.5 months ago and now she is on her back again. A theraphosa molt is always stressful. Hope she will be OK.

She is gonna get big! :)
cool i got a 6+ T stirmi that had a succesful molt last month that turned out female, my other one is gonna molt any day now, good luck

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
good luck! a good day for us both, i just sexed my third N chromatus (currently 1" as female! woo!)

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Over 5 months has passed from her last molt and she molted again, she is getting big :) :

Tomorrow is exactly a year after I got her. I assume she was 3-4 months old by then so she should be around 15 months old give or take a month. Time flies...

Hendersoniana

Arachnoangel
Big? Shes huge! Very pretty girl u got there. Make sure u treat her right on ur anniversary with her tomorrow!

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Here is the video that shows a bit of the process:

[YOUTUBE]cu12NlHeSKE[/YOUTUBE]

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
I gently pushed her out of her burrow to take the exoskeleton out and to see her. Man she is big!