T. blondi feeding ?... zoophobas

andrew_w_hill

Arachnopeon
My 6" T. blondi is going through crickets like they're going out of style. I'm trying to give her something more substantial. I got zoophobas larvae, but I'm at a loss as to how to feed them to her. She won't take anything off of feeder tongs. It takes her a long time to notice something is even in her enclosure with her as well... crickets have to practically jump on top of her. Even worse... zoophobas instantly burrow into the substrate, pretty much eliminating any chance she seems to have of finding them. Anybody have an idea of how I could feed them to her?

I'm getting my hands on roaches in the next couple of days, which should help, but I was hoping these could tide her over in the meantime...

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Smash the head ! It will keep it from burrowing but it will still wiggle a bit.I have to do it to both dubias and super worms.it's kinda gross but you do what you must.:drool:

andrew_w_hill

Arachnopeon
What a completely logical and considerably unpleasant solution... thanks for the info. Now I have to decide how much I really want to feed her these...

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Your likely to find you have the same problem with roaches my dubias instantly
burrow if given the chance.I don't know about other roaches,you may find another species suites you better good luck.

andrew_w_hill

Arachnopeon
I'm getting juvenile G. portentosa. Not sure how they will behave. Just hoping they're juicy and cooperative.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Zophobas are less nutrient that crickets and roaches and consists about 90-95% fat.