T. Blondi escape artist?

B.L.

Arachnopeon
My T Blondi keeps trying to escape the cage she jumps on the thermometer which is attached to the glass and tries climbing out. I had to take some of the fake plants out because she climbed up them and tried to escape through the top of the cage got two of her legs somehow caught inbetween the screen and the glass and was hanging there...thankfully it was before I went to work and I unhooked her. She has since eaten so it didn't hurt her too bad.

I feed crickets twice a week keep the humidity between 70%-85% temp. 75-85. Don't know why she's acting this way all of sudden. I use potting soil for bedding and water dish is full at all times. Is she hungry? I feed total of six crickets a week she is about 4 inches.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
how deep is the soil, maybe your T wants to make its own hide, try to put around 5" peat moss and vermiculite (60/40)

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
some T. Blondies likes to burrow, more when they are juveniles or slings. Try to change its diet and give it some roaches (Blaptica Dubia would be perfect)

Daniel_h

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my T.Blondi has not once climbed the glass or plants etc....it is just happy to sit in the middle of the tank waiting for its food

i try and only feed it when its out in the open so it knows to come out for food...then i get to see it more :D