T. blondi about to molt

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok I have a T. blondi sling and its about to molt, I got it a little over two weeks ago and since then it has only ate twice and they were small crickets. It ate the last one about six days ago. I'm worried that it might starve. the humidity stays around 95% and the temp is right at 80. its bald spot turned black three days ago and im still waiting on the molt before i feed it. so my question is how long after it molts should I wait to feed it, and will the lack of food make it difficult for the spider to molt. and how long after it turns black will it be untill it does molt. any advice would be appreciated. i'm nervouse as hell waiting on this little guy to molt

That Guy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I thought the same thing when my A. Seemani sling molted.....It will be fine, I heard of a case that a T lasted 5 years without eating(Dont try, dur;P !!!) I am sure it will be just fine. And you should wait till the whiteness goes away( When the whiteness goes away, its fangs wont be like jelly anymore :)) so thats the time when you should feed it..... Hope I could help (If at all)

Hampton

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Don't worry, your T knows what's best for it. My 1/2" A. avicularia fasted for a month before she molted. I was concerned too but everything was okay.

Leanne

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I really know how it feels. My T.blondie hasn't eaten for a long time and her baldness has turned black as well. She also escaped the other day.....Let's see whose will molt first...
I bet 5 crickets on mine;P

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Your T. blondi escaped? Please share the details... Mine has also turned black adn she is a good 6-7" now. I am very nervous awaiting this molt as I paid $350 for her...

Longbord1

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
im sure she won't starve don't worry. Ts have been known to fast for years so don't worry itll be fine.

mike

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
caligulathegod said:
Holy Time Travel!!

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Was trying to figure out why a thread that was a year old was suddenly brought back to life :) .

G_Wright

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That Guy said:
I thought the same thing when my A. Seemani sling molted.....It will be fine, I heard of a case that a T lasted 5 years without eating(Dont try, dur;P !!!) I am sure it will be just fine. And you should wait till the whiteness goes away( When the whiteness goes away, its fangs wont be like jelly anymore :)) so thats the time when you should feed it..... Hope I could help (If at all)

Hampton

Actually they can go for about 2 years without eating I've never herd of 5

You blondi will be fine it will start eating agin after a couple of days.

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Not a typo. It was my second T, and I was ripped off. My own fault for not educating myself.

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
G_Wright said:
Actually they can go for about 2 years without eating I've never herd of 5

You blondi will be fine it will start eating agin after a couple of days.
It's a year later. I'm sure it's eating fine, now ;P

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Well JJJ, it's been a year, has it eaten yet? :eek: