T Behavior Question

MrTCollector

Arachnopeon
Hi, so I woke up this morning, and my A Chalcodes female is walking around the edges of her enclosure, trying to climb he sides, trying to find a way out. I was curious if this is normal t behavior

SC Tarantulas

Arachnoknight
Completely normal. Many species roam far more than many keepers realize. Happy keeping!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Apparently you missed my thread about my B. smithi that thinks she is an arboreal species lol

Estein

Arachnoknight
Completely normal. Many species roam far more than many keepers realize. Happy keeping!
After a recent rehouse, I assumed my G. porteri had just been sitting in the corner for a few days without moving much. Then I opened the lid for feeding and saw her little footprints all over the sub! A neat reminder that there is plenty I don't see and loads left to observe.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
After a recent rehouse, I assumed my G. porteri had just been sitting in the corner for a few days without moving much. Then I opened the lid for feeding and saw her little footprints all over the sub! A neat reminder that there is plenty I don't see and loads left to observe.
My favorite part of the hobby! Watching them roam around (especially reclusive species) is amazing. Each is different, so you get to learn their "style" :D

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi, so I woke up this morning, and my A Chalcodes female is walking around the edges of her enclosure, trying to climb he sides, trying to find a way out. I was curious if this is normal t behavior
It's normal for all prisoners to look for a way to escape, don't you think?

Dovey

Arachnobaron
Ah, the secret lives of pets....
My Chilian Rose leaves tell-tale silk trails ALL OVER her 7 gallon aquarium, over hill and down dale - even all along the glass walls. Thinks she's a versi, obviously. This is why I think a lot of tarantulas benefit fromb rocks and logs to explore and climb around on. Also, her VERY favorite sport is stalking our native hubbard's silk moths, when I can get them, and snagging them right out of the air, like a bat. Girl can jump! :rolleyes:

Estein

Arachnoknight
Also, her VERY favorite sport is stalking our native hubbard's silk moths, when I can get them, and snagging them right out of the air, like a bat. Girl can jump! :rolleyes:
That sounds awesome to see! I make everyone who visits my home watch one of my Ts eat (I'm all about mandatory fun)--it's just so incredible to see and helps shed some light on why I think these critters are so amazing.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It's normal for all prisoners to look for a way to escape, don't you think?
True. Except for one character: there's always an old man cleaning the floor, that committed a couple of crimes in his first, sentenced to a life of jail, saying: "That's my home now, I don't want to get out..." :-s

cold blood

Staff member