T arrived dead

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I agree if you didn't ask and make sure you had LAG then nothing you really can do.

Matt

Jsav209

Arachnopeon
well

you could always request another T and you just pay for shipping. Granted he has extras, you never know, some people would go out of their way to make things right even though its really no ones fault. Just a thought. Hopefully he contacts you soon.

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Premature

In my opinion this thread should not have even been started until you talked to the seller and worked this out. I wouldn't be pleased to have this aired out before I had a chance to remedy the situation. If you read most ads LAG is only offered with overnight shipping , not priority or a seperate thing you have to sign up for. As was said by others the seller and the buyer should work this out before others jump on the bashing bandwagon. My opinion as a seller and buyer and no this is not my shipment.

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I spoke with the seller last night, and he was very willing to work with me on this. He was ok with giving me a refund, though we agreed for him to send me a replacement T. Speaking of the extremely rough handling that must have been necessary to injure and kill the T, both me and the seller had to deal with a very emotional employee who was pretty upset about holding my package for pickup. There's more to that story, but I'm just going to let that go.

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In my opinion this thread should not have even been started until you talked to the seller and worked this out. I wouldn't be pleased to have this aired out before I had a chance to remedy the situation. If you read most ads LAG is only offered with overnight shipping , not priority or a seperate thing you have to sign up for. As was said by others the seller and the buyer should work this out before others jump on the bashing bandwagon. My opinion as a seller and buyer and no this is not my shipment.
That's the reason I decided not to mention the seller's name (not even by pm). The bizarre nature of this DOA just made me want to post it to vent (which is why I started this thread). But, you're right in that I probably should have tried to contact the guy before posting. I didn't start the thread with the intention of making the seller look bad (though it looks like that's the direction in which it was heading).

Newflvr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Most things work out

I've lost T's in shipping and 98% of the time the dealer is more than eager to make things right. I'm glad it worked out for you. As far as people jumping on the bandwagon to hang the guy, discretion is far better than the bullhorn.

Venari

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
... very emotional employee who was pretty upset about holding my package for pickup. There's more to that story, but I'm just going to let that go.
Did the employee just have a bad day and stomped the first package he saw, or did he have a grudge against you, the shipper, or (somehow) the contents?

You can't say you're going to let it go after telling us that we might be handing our T's to their deaths when we ship :O

DJEggy

Arachnopeon
But mom he touched me first and keeps correcting my spelling errors. {D
That would be because your spelling and grammar is that of an 8-year-old's. Also, don't go around tooting your horn because you 'stand up' to Joe; it's easy for you to talk big over the internet. My guess is that if this were to happen in person, you'd wilt.

Regardless of your opinion of Joe, his advice is always stellar--gathered from years of experience. Yes he may come off as brash at times, but never let the delivery cloud what is ultimately the message of a much wiser T keeper than a lot of others on these boards.

To the OP: I hope this gets resolved - and it sounds like it is - amicably and swiftly. Good luck to you and your future spiders! :)

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:rolleyes:

to the OP:
If the add states LAG, then if that spider arrives on time but dead, LAG is in place.
Only if is not on time, and the seller has stated that he WONT be responsable for carrier delays, then LAG is not.

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Did the employee just have a bad day and stomped the first package he saw, or did he have a grudge against you, the shipper, or (somehow) the contents?

You can't say you're going to let it go after telling us that we might be handing our T's to their deaths when we ship :O
The lady doesn't know me, nor can I think of anything that might have tipped her off as to what was in the package. She's just unstable. She was upset because only someone with a PO box can have a package held for pickup there (and I don't have one). I thought it was odd that she tossed the box up in the air a bit before handing it to me. She then acted as though I wasn't even referring to her when I told her directly not to do that (twice).

A few months ago, I did end up asking her a question on the phone about some other (non-living) item I was supposed to have sent to my house, and she definitely seemed like a disturbed individual when on the phone. The seller had a not-so different exchange with her on the phone (the day the T arrived at the location). I don't have any issue with them having someone who might be mentally ill. But if she did in fact do what I think she did, then that goes far (way) beyond what can be called unprofessional.

I can't make any official complaint, and I'm not going to be stupid and do any of the things that crossed my mind when thinking about this. So, as I said, I'm just going to not let it bother me anymore. Needless to say, that's the last time I go to that place.

As long as there aren't any psychos working at your facility, I wouldn't worry too much:eek:

Also, thanks for the info that everyone provided. I'm not as ignorant now about these shipping issues.

Speedy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You choice.. but I would certainly make a huge stink over it.. She is killing things and ruining property, nothing professional about that. I mean, if I walked in and saw her tossing my critters in the air after I said "Don't do that!" twice. And I assume the box was labeled 'fragile' ?

Point is she can do it to others, be it someone having living things shipped to them or fine china. That is ridiculous...

Why can't you make a complaint?

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I could try to make a complaint, but I'm sure they'd ask what was in the package. Shipping T's through USPS isn't allowed, so that's where the issue lies.

What she did was toss it up once, and then I ended up telling her twice not to do what she just did . She was being evasive about it, so that was definitely odd.

Last edited:

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I can't make any official complaint, and I'm not going to be stupid and do any of the things that crossed my mind when thinking about this. So, as I said, I'm just going to not let it bother me anymore. Needless to say, that's the last time I go to that place.
Yes, you can make a formal complaint. You do not have to specify what was in that package unless you are requesting a replacement. But you can certainly complain about the way she handled the package and you can add any other observations regarding her behavior or customer service that you want. Just don't request a replacement or ask to collect damages. If enough people complain, she might be removed from a position in which she can cause a lot of damage.

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yes, you can make a formal complaint. You do not have to specify what was in that package unless you are requesting a replacement.
You're right, and I didn't know this. After speaking to the seller again about his own exchange with her, I went ahead and called to file a complaint. I now have a case number. Hopefully something comes out of this that's for the better.