T app for apple ios?

Frahmallama

Arachnopeon
I am new to keeping slings and wanted to know if there is an app out there for tracking feedings/moltings for Ts? So far on my search there have been a few but all for Android, none for Apple. If there isn't an app, what type of format do you use in Excel? I suppose I could use Excel and then just set a reminder on my phone for feedings so I make sure I never miss one. It just would be nice to have one place to track it all with some care sheets or something.

Thanks!

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I’m not sure about iOS apps. I just read my T’s signs and feed when they need it or can just tell when they are going to molt.

Gurantula

Arachnosquire
I'm kinda old school, but I love to just use a notebook to track everything. I use to use my phone for a lot of reminders and for awhile it worked out nicely. However, I've noticed that whether it be from an OS update or an app update the reminders or app stop working eventually. I need stability in my reminders! Haha. That's why I just went with a notebook and train myself to look at and record into it. I know that's not answering your question, but figured I'd share my thoughts. :)

Edit: also a 3 ring binder is awesome for making your own care sheets and tracking info and put them all into one place. I'll stop sounding like a scholastics salesman now lol.

Two short legs

Arachnopeon
Try a stationary shop.you can buy work diary book,or just a plan one.don't need a computer.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
You should feed based off of how the Tarantula looks, they’re not like other animals that need a strict feeding schedule. Could be twice a week sometimes, could be once a week, could be one every two weeks, or even a month, really depends on individual tarantula. And feeding frequency also varries over time with age of tarantula. And with tarantulas “mood”. No strict schedule is needed, just feed off how they look and make sure they have water at all times.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am new to keeping slings and wanted to know if there is an app out there for tracking feedings/moltings for Ts? So far on my search there have been a few but all for Android, none for Apple. If there isn't an app, what type of format do you use in Excel? I suppose I could use Excel and then just set a reminder on my phone for feedings so I make sure I never miss one. It just would be nice to have one place to track it all with some care sheets or something.

Thanks!
There isn't one yet

I use paper/pencil because electronics are crappy man made products. PLUS, it's so much faster for me to open a book than write, than open a phone/PC and tap away. I hate that crap for record keeping.

Pyroxian

Arachnophobophiliac
There isn't one yet

I use paper/pencil because electronics are crappy man made products. PLUS, it's so much faster for me to open a book than write, than open a phone/PC and tap away. I hate that crap for record keeping.
So do you hunt wild pencils down then? I don't think they're endemic to my area so I'm stuck with crappy man made pencils as my only option... 😉

OP, the developer of the Android apps "tarantulas" and "exotikeeper" is user @tisha here and there was some talk of an iOS port for exotikeeper... No idea where that stands, but I can endorse that app, I use and love it.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So do you hunt wild pencils down then? I don't think they're endemic to my area so I'm stuck with crappy man made pencils as my only option... 😉

OP, the developer of the Android apps "tarantulas" and "exotikeeper" is user @tisha here and there was some talk of an iOS port for exotikeeper... No idea where that stands, but I can endorse that app, I use and love it.
I don’t- I buy graphite at a store

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
You said you use paper/pencil because electronics are "crappy man made products," the implication being that paper & pencils are NOT man made...

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You said you use paper/pencil because electronics are "crappy man made products," the implication being that paper & pencils are NOT man made...
Ahh I see now. Let me rephrase, they are crappy man made products that can fail leaving you with no data. This never happens with paper/pencil. I've never lost data I wrote on paper, but I have lost data I wrote onto a HD/SSD.

KenNet

Arachnosquire
I've never lost data I wrote on paper, but I have lost data I wrote onto a HD/SSD.
Are you sure? You never threw a note in the trashcan? Paper don't have this fancy new thing called "autocorrect".
(This is written on paper. FYI: I might threw it away)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Are you sure? You never threw a note in the trashcan? Paper don't have this fancy new thing called "autocorrect".
(This is written on paper. FYI: I might threw it away)
Quite sure, I never have. Also, for my T info, the notebooks are bound, so it's impossible to throw a page away by accident. No paper doesn't, and I don't need it for the T info I record, I only need an eraser when a T is sold or dies.

Last edited:

KenNet

Arachnosquire
My bookshelf is full... It's more convenient to use the app than to put all those heavy notebooks up there. I guess the T don't mind tho.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I think Exotikeeper is possibly meant to be getting an iOS version in future, don't ask me when though.

You should feed based off of how the Tarantula looks, they’re not like other animals that need a strict feeding schedule. Could be twice a week sometimes, could be once a week, could be one every two weeks, or even a month, really depends on individual tarantula. And feeding frequency also varries over time with age of tarantula. And with tarantulas “mood”. No strict schedule is needed, just feed off how they look and make sure they have water at all times.
You can adjust the schedules in those apps as needed to fit your tarantulas so they track everything from fast growing NW slings under 1" that I feed every 3 days to adults of slow growing arid species that I feed every 6 weeks, even specimens of the same species with wildly different growth rates/appetites can be accounted for.

Feeding off of how they look or act is far too vague IMO, if I fed certain tarantulas every time they adopted hunting postures I'd be feeding them every day, some tarantulas I can't even get a good look at to see if they need feeding or not. I honestly don't get all the negativity around feeding schedules on here, I think I've only had 3 or 4 tarantulas (out of over 100 over a 4 year period) refuse to eat for longer than 2 months, none of my tarantulas are heinously fat, and I have decent growth rates.

I've never lost data I wrote on paper, but I have lost data I wrote onto a HD/SSD.
Meh, you can back everything up to Dropbox as well as making physical backups so even if you get a new phone, smash/lose your phone, or it dies for whatever reason you don't lose your data.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think Exotikeeper is possibly meant to be getting an iOS version in future, don't ask me when though.

You can adjust the schedules in those apps as needed to fit your tarantulas so they track everything from fast growing NW slings under 1" that I feed every 3 days to adults of slow growing arid species that I feed every 6 weeks, even specimens of the same species with wildly different growth rates/appetites can be accounted for.

Feeding off of how they look or act is far too vague IMO, if I fed certain tarantulas every time they adopted hunting postures I'd be feeding them every day, some tarantulas I can't even get a good look at to see if they need feeding or not. I honestly don't get all the negativity around feeding schedules on here, I think I've only had 3 or 4 tarantulas (out of over 100 over a 4 year period) refuse to eat for longer than 2 months, none of my tarantulas are heinously fat, and I have decent growth rates.

Meh, you can back everything up to Dropbox as well as making physical backups so even if you get a new phone, smash/lose your phone, or it dies for whatever reason you don't lose your data.
I never put data on a device I don't have full control over. Besides, everyone knows hackers are constantly searching for T records! The dark web is full of such scammers!!!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I never put data on a device I don't have full control over. Besides, everyone knows hackers are constantly searching for T records! The dark web is full of such scammers!!!
another reason is that sometimes digital units stop working, i just had this happen to one of my external hardrives, I now have to recover all of my files, that I am trying to get published within the year. Pen and paper never crashed on me and prevented me getting my work done. so viper I get it. I still print out all my research and peer review articles into physical form. My girlfirend thinks I have a problem with paper hoarding :rofl::rofl::rofl: but it has never failed me!! electronics has.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
another reason is that sometimes digital units stop working, i just had this happen to one of my external hardrives, I now have to recover all of my files, that I am trying to get published within the year. Pen and paper never crashed on me and prevented me getting my work done. so viper I get it. I still print out all my research and peer review articles into physical form. My girlfirend thinks I have a problem with paper hoarding :rofl::rofl::rofl: but it has never failed me!! electronics has.
Same here, drives crash, paper doesn't!!! What's that clicking sound, for some it's their HD crashing, for me it's my mechanical pencil!! What's that, your SSD is your new favorite paper weight, good for you.